Thread: Trading Picks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trading Picks

I trade my #7 pick in the rookie draft along with my 5th Round pick for the #2 pick in the rookie draft along with his 13th Round pick.

I currentl have the #4 and #7 picks in the rookie draft. I\'m looking to win now but in Erik Johnson I see the potential for an anchor to my blueline for years to come, the perfect complement to Jay Bouwmeester (At 46 pts and 100 pims, dobbers predictions, EJ is among the top 5 d-men available in the draft). With the #2 and #4 I see myself getting EJ and Mueller, whereas with #4 and #7 I get either Mueller or EJ and maybe Cory Murphy. All players who have yet to play an NHL game and are drafted by an NHL team are eligible for this category unless they\'re being kept. It\'s rare for someone to draft and keep someone like that in our league because we only keep 10 of 25 roster spots and have no farm team. Thus the best players available in this year\'s pool figure to be Backstrom, Toews, EJ, Mueller, Kane, Ryan, Grigorenko, Murphy, Koistinen and maybe Little and Esposito if they make their respective teams.

There are 12 teams each keeping 10 players so my 5th round pick is the 175th player taken (including kept players).

Top D-men available: Bieksa, Zhitnik, Boucher, Poti, Mara, Jack Johnson, Meszaros (not in any order)
    Good or bad deal for me?

Post edited by: big_dl, at: 2007/09/01 00:37

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Trading Picks

If you\'re asking whether or not to make the deal, I would. There\'s typically a much more worthwhile difference between the #2 and #7 pick than between a 5th and 13th round pick.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good idea. That 5th rounder is not likely to give you much in the long term a likely a marginal contibutor in the short term. As TG suggests the difference between #2 and #7 in a rookie draft is likely pretty wide.

Dobber Sports Genius

for sure a good move up , but those middle round draft picks need to be used wisely , that\'s where dobbers pool guide becomes a priceless piece of info.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack