Thread: Pickup Stepan???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pickup Stepan???

Sorta can't believe he was dropped in a 20 team league where people hold garbage players but I don't think he'll fit on my team.
    Haula & Perron are solid bench players for me. Team below.
    16 Team Roto : Season 16 : Keep*5 : C,LW,RW, 4F, 3D, G, 4B, 2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, GW : W, SV%, SO

C: McDavid*
    LW: Keller*
    RW: Nylander*
    F: MacKinnon*

D:

G: Shesterkin*

B:

*Keeper

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Pickup Stepan???

20 team league but not very deep. I wouldn't drop anyone for him.

If you have a spot because of Malkin on the IR then pick him up.

Cool thanks.
    Used the IR to add Samsonov (and Leddy), I'm happy rolling out Perron and Haula everyday to fill in those games played.
    16 Team Roto : Season 16 : Keep*5 : C,LW,RW, 4F, 3D, G, 4B, 2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, +-, GW : W, SV%, SO

C: McDavid*
    LW: Keller*
    RW: Nylander*
    F: MacKinnon*

D:

G: Shesterkin*

B:

*Keeper

I'd personally drop Haula for Stepan. If you can put Malkin on IR then add Stepan that would be better.

Haula has only broken 50pts once in his career. Last year he had a major injury that kept him out for almost the whole season. He also is brand new to CAR and having to learn a new system, gain a new coaches trust, find chemistry, etc. Assuming he plays 82gp, I think he ends up in the 40-45pt range. Next season that might jump to the 45-55pt range.

I think last season was a one off for Stepan. Before that he was a consistent 50-60pt pace player that regularly ended up within spitting distance of 55pts. Currently he is lining up with Kessel and Keller who are both 70pt+ threats. Even if he is pulled off that line, he is a steady 19min toi+ player. In my opinion, he is safer than Haula and also has a higher upside due to his linemates.

Yep put Malkin on IR if ya have another spot and pick Stepan up.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Leddy is your drop
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree, Leddy would be who I drop.

The Great One

Ill answer it like this.

Hes been good for the higher end of 55 for quite some time- som lets excuse last year as an outlier. After that i think he recieves a bump from what Im calling the "Kessel Whisperer" effect. that is to say tocchet has historically been able to keep Kessel content and productive. I believe he was consulted- if not directly responsible for the trade to acquire him and I believe its part of a deployment plan that AV popularized in his tenure in Vancouver that saw the Sedins in Art ross contention. My "theory" is that he will plop Kessel into every ozone start he can handle. Topline ozone starts, pp1, any and all faceoffs past the redline and kessels going out. By default that also means his linemates are getting that plush deployment and I think thats half the reason were not seeing Schmaltz on L1 where we thought hed be- because hes known as an exceptional defensive forward. Im not saying Stepan isnt but from what I gather- Schmaltz is known for that which leaves Stepan as the benficiary. keller and Stepan should see a noticable bump in production if this hypothesis ends up being correct.

So we can add 10-15 points to his historic 55 performances. Lets round his production up to 57.5 and the kessel effetc to 12.5 because were optimists. That makes Stepan 50 point floor with a very attainable shot at being 65-70 point asset with 220ish sogs. Does that play in your format? Is that worth more than a Haula? Im drafting him for 60 myself...

- - - Updated - - -

Leddy should be an easy drop with Pulock, Toews and Dobson all on the team its only a matter of time before he becomes negligibile...

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ill answer it like this.

Hes been good for the higher end of 55 for quite some time- som lets excuse last year as an outlier. After that i think he recieves a bump from what Im calling the "Kessel Whisperer" effect. that is to say tocchet has historically been able to keep Kessel content and productive. I believe he was consulted- if not directly responsible for the trade to acquire him and I believe its part of a deployment plan that AV popularized in his tenure in Vancouver that saw the Sedins in Art ross contention. My "theory" is that he will plop Kessel into every ozone start he can handle. Topline ozone starts, pp1, any and all faceoffs past the redline and kessels going out. By default that also means his linemates are getting that plush deployment and I think thats half the reason were not seeing Schmaltz on L1 where we thought hed be- because hes known as an exceptional defensive forward. Im not saying Stepan isnt but from what I gather- Schmaltz is known for that which leaves Stepan as the benficiary. keller and Stepan should see a noticable bump in production if this hypothesis ends up being correct.

So we can add 10-15 points to his historic 55 performances. Lets round his production up to 57.5 and the kessel effetc to 12.5 because were optimists. That makes Stepan 50 point floor with a very attainable shot at being 65-70 point asset with 220ish sogs. Does that play in your format? Is that worth more than a Haula? Im drafting him for 60 myself...

- - - Updated - - -

Leddy should be an easy drop with Pulock, Toews and Dobson all on the team its only a matter of time before he becomes negligibile...
    Unreal response, thank you! Dropped Leddy. I'll see how my offence shakes out. Don't need Leddy on my bench.