Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TSN CONFIRMED] Luongo week to week with strain

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default [TSN CONFIRMED] Luongo week to week with strain

same injury that Hasek milked for 3 months when he was with Ottawa in 2006.

although, Lu doesn\'t seem like a band aid and should be back sooner.
    Yahoo one year 12 team Roto league(2 Keepers):
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C: Briere(C/RW), Zajac, Stastny, Peverley
    LW: Parise, Heatley, Avery
    RW: Doan, Sharp (RW/C), Afinogenov
    FW: Downie (RW)
    UT: C. Stewart (RW)
    D: Streit, Keith, Whitney, Kaberle, Markov, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Leighton, Neuvirth
    Bench: Brouwer (RW), Del Zotto (D)
    IR: Lucic, Emery, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

with Luongo out anywhere from 4-6 weeks, who do you guys think will get the majority of the starts during that time, Sanford or Schneider? Im trying to get the jump on one of these guys but I dont wanna waste my time with the guy who will most likely end up as backup. This might need some expert analysis and help.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think it will be close to 50/50 unless Sanford lays an egg.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

doulos wrote:
    SO will this mean he won\'t go on IR?!!?
    I\'m not sure what the minimum amount of a time a player needs to miss to go on IR, but because of the \"week to week\" aspect of the injury, I\'m guessing they\'ll keep him off it until they can retroactively IR him and still be able to activate him at any time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Damn Canucks obviously arent looking out for fantasy owners. :laugh:

Dobber Sports Ace

Angus said
    So it isn\'t a specific muscle, but Luongo\'s strain is in the groin region. Apparently groin muscles are adducting muscles, so whatever he strained is basically the opposite (abducting. vs adducting) type of muscle(...)Well at least it is a reputable site posting something credible. Strain is definitely a better word than tear or pull.I think week-to-week is at best 2 or 3, and at worst 4-6(...)that was speculation based on an erroneous French article.
    The article said that he\'d be out 4-5 weeks due to a groin injury and quoted Bobby Lou\'s agent Gilles Lupien with whom La Presse\'s journalist spoke with in the morning. That journalist was wrong in the past (Marian Hossa to Montreal rumour because brother Marcel Hossa left his MH initialized hockey gloves in Montreal after a game). However, his informer, Lupien was pretty accurate about this. The updated version of the article also says that they were waiting for confirmation from the MRI results. Now, come on Angus, please stop gloating. The information wasn\'t erroneous except for the MRI results waiting to be confirmed. They were just waiting for second results for confirmation on the nature of the injury. Just needed to vent and keep up the good work.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Katharsis wrote:
    doulos wrote:
    SO will this mean he won\'t go on IR?!!?
    I\'m not sure what the minimum amount of a time a player needs to miss to go on IR, but because of the \"week to week\" aspect of the injury, I\'m guessing they\'ll keep him off it until they can retroactively IR him and still be able to activate him at any time.
    It\'s a minimum of 7 days once a guy goes on the IR. So next Tuesday the can place him there retroactively if they want to save that money off the cap, but want him to play.

This retro active thing sucks balls for fantasy owners. If we are part of the next CBA I say we fantasy GM put a stop to it and demand full disclosure within 24 hours and placement on IR at that time... oh right, I woke up a couple hours ago... the dreams are over. :P
    Guess I\'ll just go back to looking at zeroes on my roster instead. :laugh:
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Stephane Richer wrote:
    Angus said
    So it isn\'t a specific muscle, but Luongo\'s strain is in the groin region. Apparently groin muscles are adducting muscles, so whatever he strained is basically the opposite (abducting. vs adducting) type of muscle(...)Well at least it is a reputable site posting something credible. Strain is definitely a better word than tear or pull.I think week-to-week is at best 2 or 3, and at worst 4-6(...)that was speculation based on an erroneous French article.
    The article said that he\'d be out 4-5 weeks due to a groin injury and quoted Bobby Lou\'s agent Gilles Lupien with whom La Presse\'s journalist spoke with in the morning. That journalist was wrong in the past (Marian Hossa to Montreal rumour because brother Marcel Hossa left his MH initialized hockey gloves in Montreal after a game). However, his informer, Lupien was pretty accurate about this. The updated version of the article also says that they were waiting for confirmation from the MRI results. Now, come on Angus, please stop gloating. The information wasn\'t erroneous except for the MRI results waiting to be confirmed. They were just waiting for second results for confirmation on the nature of the injury. Just needed to vent and keep up the good work.
    stop gloating? When did I gloat over this issue? Lupien\'s words were taken out of context, and he confirmed that on the radio here. He was merely speculating that 4-5 weeks was the usual time table for injuries like this, and they published the article with that as fact.

Lupien made those comments to La Presse before Luongo even had the first/only MRI done (it was done yesterday afternoon, and the article ran in the morning). All speculation.

Just wanted to clear that up.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

Be nice with Brunet Angus, I think he likes your stuff lol
    See link and check out where you\'ll be redirected when you click on the blue writing where it says \'\'certains osent déjà comparer à Carey Price\'\'- funny coincidence! I don\'t know this guy personaly, I swear ! Angus is being read by a million Queebeckers at this very moment- the guy blew it, many francos will now be aware of this website:angry:
    http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=302
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Banned

thx as always for the great reporting guys, I wish I could get TSN here, ESPN is a sad replacement for hockey news. I think one of the best comments made was Angus noting that a \"strain is better than a tear or pull\"...couldn\'t agree more, a tear would be devastating so its awesome that that is not the case. If I had to speculate though, I\'d say at this point that they have no real idea how bad a strain it really is and are biding their time to see how he recovers. As someone else noted too, I think we all agree we\'d like to see him sit 3-4 weeks rather than 1-2 if it means he comes back 100% and doesn\'t re-aggravate it.

Dobber Sports Genius

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/lu...5-1295203.html

Vigneault was at a Quebec radio station yesterday and he said that Luongo was ailing pretty well and that it looks less scary than saturday or sunday. He also said to not be surprise if he only miss 2 or 3 weeks.

Hopes he\'s right ! :silly:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Stephane Richer wrote:
    Be nice with Brunet Angus, I think he likes your stuff lol
    You think so?

look at tonight\'s post from him:
    http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=331

(quick translation? - Survey: \"Which brothers would you rather have?\&quot

Dobber Sports Ace

Grand Papa Bi Lainlin said
    You think so? Look at tonight\'s post from him
    I read that too- he probably thinks he\'s the only Cyberpresse/ La Presse reader to know about the Dobberhockey website- talk about journalistic integrity and nearsightedness! I was about to send him a line to condemn his behavior but I\'m too lazy to register and log on. Matias Brunet does find interesting articles from around the planet though and usually credits his sources as he did for this interesting thought provoking story about German goalie Robert Muller\'s struggle with cancer:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/26/sp...mp;oref=slogin