So the deals I potentially was considering are no longer (where I'd move Wheeler).

The team with Voracek ended up trading Stone instead along with a 1st, and got back Backstrom and a 6th.

The team that was offering me Rakell and a 1st ended up moving that 1st in a deal to get Draisaitl.

The team that was offering me Ehlers + a 1st wants to hang onto Ehlers now, or at the very least won't move a 1 with him anymore (the hot stretch didn't help).

If I were to go after Draisaitl, what would the offer look like if I were moving Wheeler?

This is a keeper format keep in mind, and we're just talking max 2 years basically in terms of where I'd sign Drais. He is a 1 year guy at the moment, but if the other guy were to keep him he could sign him to whatever contract was open.

He said he wouldn't include a pick with Drais due to the age difference, and if anything I should. I said hard pass there, so he said think about the 1 for 1.

Does this make any sense? The other pieces he has are Giroux and Malkin, and he keeps trying to gauge my interest in Dubois and Rakell, but I traded him both of those guys in the off-season, and don't have interest in bringing them back in a Wheeler deal, I'd be looking at more sure things.

Keep in mind I'm in the bottom half of the standings, and I just moved Pavelski and Kopitar, and replaced OEL with Ghost. Draisaitl is having a really good year, better than Voracek, Ehlers, Rakell, any of the guys I've been looking at in a Wheeler deal, but just wonder how he compared to the other guys listed going forward, and is 1 for 1 a non-starter? I mean I was getting offered as good as Voracek + a 1 for Wheeler, or Ehlers and a 1, so even with better numbers, is Draisaitl straight across the wrong value for Wheeler? There is no way the other gm will add a pick, because he just acquired him and can use the argument of him being 10 years younger, and how he can sign him long term.

The Voracek and a 2nd looks to still be an option though, just wondering if that's better than a Draisaitl straight up for Wheeler offer. I can't get a 1st off of him anymore anyways, because a) he ended up not wanting to move that in a Wheeler deal, and b) he moved in in a different deal lol.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out which offer to date has been best. Voracek's deployment is pretty crappy right now, but I don't expect it to stay that way (ie: 3rd line). Draisaitl is younger, he has that going for him but I just think Voracek and a 2nd is better than Draisaitl straight across.