Thread: Help! Tragic goalie situation.

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Help! Tragic goalie situation.

Roster & settings in sig.

My goaltending has been a big pain point, and I’ve gone and cut a defenseman to carry extra goalies kinda hoping one gets hot and starts rolling. It’s crazy to own this many goalies though. What do you do if you’re me?

I’m thinking now might be a good time to try to acquire Rinne, getting me a valuable handcuff in Nashville. Kinkaid is probably the biggest “sell high” guy to try to ship out.

What would you do if you were me?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Help! Tragic goalie situation.

Wait another couple weeks with all you have, then drop whoever still sucks? Or try to trade one. Missing out on the one extra D short term isn't that big of a deal.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6,7
    '25 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd /// ‘26 - 2 Extra 1sts, 2 Extra 2nds
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B -
    M - Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    Roster & settings in sig.

My goaltending has been a big pain point, and I’ve gone and cut a defenseman to carry extra goalies kinda hoping one gets hot and starts rolling. It’s crazy to own this many goalies though. What do you do if you’re me?

I’m thinking now might be a good time to try to acquire Rinne, getting me a valuable handcuff in Nashville. Kinkaid is probably the biggest “sell high” guy to try to ship out.

What would you do if you were me?
    If it were me I would poke around to see if you can get Schneider. That way you have the NJ tandem. You could probably get him for Smith, or perhaps Saros+. Or conversely you could see if the Schneider owner wants Kinkaid if they have a goalie you might be able to acquire. I think Rinne would probably be too expensive and if I were the Rinne owner I would want a top goalie coming back.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    If it were me I would poke around to see if you can get Schneider. That way you have the NJ tandem. You could probably get him for Smith, or perhaps Saros+. Or conversely you could see if the Schneider owner wants Kinkaid if they have a goalie you might be able to acquire. I think Rinne would probably be too expensive and if I were the Rinne owner I would want a top goalie coming back.
    I agree with Morrow. NJ handcuff might be the easier handcuff to acquire.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1. I'd rather go short at a forward spot since you have multi-position guys than on D.

2. That's not tragic: I took over a dynasty league team where I'm very jealous of your goalie situation. You have options, and multiple starters for now at least. It could be far worse, think Murray/Neuvirth/Nilsson.

3. If you can give Kinkaid & get a solid replacement, I think you could drop Smith. Or you could aim for Schneider and see what it costs to get him. Maybe a lesser goalie + a skater works if there's a good replacement skater on the wire - and you have the empty defense spot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1. Not sure why Darling would be worth holding onto, hasn't that ship sailed?

2. Is there a Pittsburgh fan in the league - one that might consider a 1-for-1 swap of goalies? Might get an upgrade there.

3. Otherwise your strategy is sound, wait it out.

Comish Dynasty 2021-22 (24 Team Roto Dynasty, Custom Salaries)
    Minnesota North Stars, 2nd Tier
    C - Aho, Rakell, Foligno, Trenin (Janmark, Steel, Kurashev)
    LW - Hall, Lucic, Sanford, Bellows (Vesalainen, Foote, Katchouk)
    RW - Seguin, Toffoli, Jaskin, Donskoi (Jarvis)
    D - Sergachev, Edler, Petterson, Forbort, Ceci, Valimaki (H.Fleury, Alexeyev, Salo)
    G - Price, Brossoit (Stolarz)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jer_33 View Post
    1. Not sure why Darling would be worth holding onto, hasn't that ship sailed?
    Now that he's healthy I think he gets another solid crack at the top spot, and the team is faring much better this year, which should bode well for his numbers. If Mrazek holds serve I'll jettison Darling for sure though.