Thread: Keep 5, draft complete. how did I do?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Keep 5, draft complete. how did I do?

My keepers were McDavid, Crosby, Aho, Holtby, Talbot and I had no 1st or 3rd round pick, instead having an extra 5th and 12th

#1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO
    Crosby C, McDavid C, Dadonov LW/RW, Aho C/LW, Hischier C, Little C, Krejci C, Zibanejad C, Hertl C/LW/RW, Buchnevich RW, Beauvillier C/LW, Klingberg D, Hamilton D, Shattenkirk D, Talbot G, Holtby G

I almost always keep 2 goalies since 6 Goalie categories vs 9 Skater categories. Most goalies were gone by the end of round 1.

-Klkingberg was my first pick in the 2nd round(Since I had no 1st)

-Dadonov was my other candidate to replace Aho as 5th Keeper, and he slipped to a later pick thankfully

-Hischier is primed for a breakout season IMO

-Zibanejad and Shattenkirk were magic on the PP last year until it became obvious Shattenkirk was injured by game 20 and kept trying to play through it. Buchnevich was a late pick but I am hoping it piggybacks my reasoning.

-Hertl towards the end of last year and into the playoffs was showing signs of putting it all together. And Despite being the LW with Couture as C and Meier as RW, Hertl takes a lot of faceoffs.

-Hamilton may be a slight risk in Carolina compared to Calgary, but I think he is a solid 3rd D

Little and Krejci are past their primes but still chug out faceoffs and 0.5PPG

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Keep 5, draft complete. how did I do?

I like some of the players you got. One more D for your bench instead of a C might be a good idea... I think Aho has WAY higher upside than Dadonov... Those three Rangers you have could be sneaky good this year. Buchnevich is gonna be even more valuable than Zibanejad and Shattenkirk I think... I really like Hamilton this year in CAR. Now he's without question the number one D on a team with a lot of offensive potential. That power play may be really good.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Keep 5, draft complete. how did I do?

Regarding dropping a C for a D

Since we only have 3 D spots and basically 5 Center spots with those F, F, util spots, its a dogfight for FOW with a lot of teams.

The only D left in the pool are 30-40 point D or worse(and no real PPP D left. Even Vlasic and Pulock are drafted) and I would rather stream a 55 point forward with that spot since most forward categories are point intensive.

On the other hand, someone just dropped Jeff Carter and I am putting a waiver claim in to drop Krejci for him lol.

I was 9th on waivers anyways.

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G