Thread: Which goalie should I target?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Which goalie should I target?

I have an ultra-competitive roster... aside from my goalies. MAF is my top guy, but I'm not confident that he'll have a repeat this season. Behind him I have Hutton and Saros. Goalie scoring are 2pts for a win, 1pt for a shutout.

The bottom feeding teams that would possibly be willing to trade the following names as well as my estimations for their cost to my core pieces based on the owner and their position:

Jake Allen $$$
    Tuukka Rask $$$
    Thomas Greiss $

Hendrik Lundqvist $$
    Corey Crawford $$

Sergei Bobrovsky $$$$
    Scott Darling $

Carey Price $$$

Devan Dubnyk $$$
    John Gibson $$$$
    Petr Mrazek $$

Ben Bishop $$$
    Cory Schneider $$

Some of the other top teams also have excellent backups, but the price on them would be enormous, likely eating heavily into my top skaters. Those names include:

Andrei Vasilevskiy $$$$$
    Frederik Andersen $$$$$

Martin Jones $$$$

Keith Kinkaid will also be available on the waiver wire, but I'd need to drop someone to claim him... likely Vinnie Hinostroza

Thoughts?
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Which goalie should I target?

Kinkaid would be a good stop-gap option, but as long as Schneider is healthy, he's a back up.

what G-cats do you use?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I bet you Bishop would cost less than you think and I think he's on tap for a good season
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Just wins and shutouts - Win - 2 points, shutouts - 1. I feel like I've got a solid 1b in Flower (projected 70 points in that format), but I'm banking on a 90+ point guy to push me over the next level.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

That owner had an offer on the table with me last night for Bishop (Vesalainen was also coming my way - I love him, but don't need him now. Everyone in our league is sleeping on him). It was Pavelski and a 4th round pick next year. All fine and dandy, but I'm not sure I have the replacement value for Pavelski on my bench to warrant acquiring another goalie (when I only start 1). My bench is relatively strong, but I think Pavelski is a 10 point improvement this year on most of them.

Dobber Sports Icon

Rizzee is right, I think you could buy low on Bishop.

I'd also kick tires on Rask/Allen or Dubnyk/Gibson and be satisfied with whichever one of those guys comes cheapest.

I have no issue with you dropping Hinostroza for Kinkaid but I'm not sure that he represents that much improvement over Saros/Hutten
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Appreciate it, fellas. I'll try to remember to update on the price if I get something done.

Dobber Sports Icon

Rask or Dubnyk would be the 2 guys I would target.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really like grabbing Kinkaid for Hinostroza here. Only scoring is for wins/shutouts, so you need starts. Kinkaid is good for a bunch of starts early, and costs nothing. You can then assess as you go.

Moving Fleury as a part of the move to upgrade the goalie situation doesn't appeal to you, right?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.