Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stamkos - I'll rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Stamkos - I'll rep

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I would argue Stammer is better than a 27 goal guy, his shooting % was still solid but for his career he's been around 15, and was <13 last year. I know he doesn't shoot as much as he used to, but he should still score a fair amount, and lots of points with Kucherov.

I know regarding Kop playing with Kovalchuk, but in my goal heavy format, don't you see him as less valuable? I mean I was reading something about how for the 5 years before this past one, he averaged less goals than the 6 before that. His shooting % spiked last year, and he's more of a passer than a shooter, so let's say 20-25 goals, 50+ assists, pretty realistic right?

I already him move from a 6 to a 4, so since he doesn't "need" to do this deal, he won't really move from that. I also got him to split the Drouin buyout vs me having to pay for 2 years, since I thought that was more fair. I guess with Stammer, was looking at it as he may be the better 3 year own vs Wheeler, being that he's younger, although I don't see Wheeler falling off a cliff or anything. But Stamkos turned 28 in Feb, Wheeler turns 32 in Aug. Wheeler was a late bloomer, and I'm sure he'll still be a go to guy for Winn, but 91 I'm sure will be his career high. Stamkos my only concern is his tendency to pass more now, and his injury history. I have Barkov already, and he's historically been injured a fair amount (luckily just the once since I got him) which was during this past season, and he played his most games in awhile still, but still need to figure out of the higher upside guy in Stamkos is worth the injury risk, and the 50$ of buyout money. I may do this deal, and still have to keep Patches over Rakell, and it could work out great but everyone seems to be down on Patches. If he puts up 30-35 goals and 60-65 pts, I think people will feel better about him again.

And again, the other gm doesn't have to do this deal. If he keeps Drouin/Stamkos, he won't buy out Drouin, it's just to bring 2 keepers on, he needs to shed 2 keepers. I would have tried to move him say Kopitar and Patches instead, or maybe Wheeler and Patches, but then I'd have 3 centres (Kop, Barkov, Stammer), which is fine since we have a skater slot and 2 C slots, but I still want good wing strength. Benn and Boeser is a good start, and I can obviously draft wingers but the quality is less since it's a keeper format.

I ultimately just want to be set up well for next year, but also the future if that makes sense. I'm in pretty good shape draft pick wise, not with extra picks but I didn't trade mine all away or anything to compete.
    And I think he probably realizes Kopitar is an upgrade on Drouin, but he would be fine standing pat too if he has to give up too much in his mind (ie: a higher pick). I didn't really want Drouin in the deal, but he said to move Stamkos he needs to move Drouin, so he wanted to do it in that deal. It comes down to buyout money, because he's got 2 years left x 50$/year, so he just wants to save some cash if he's going to trade. His original offer was a bit of a lowball, just Stammer, Drouin (I would have to buyout 2 years) and a 6. Then when I originally asked for a higher pick, he wanted a lower pick back, then he said he'd move a 4 but the lower of his 2 (his 4th will be Top 5, the other 4th is 10th). But in getting teh extra pick, I wasn't going to complain about that small of a difference.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd rather have Kopitar Wheeler vs Stamkos Patches and buyout cost. But Stamkos is best player in the deal.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    I'd rather have Kopitar Wheeler vs Stamkos Patches and buyout cost. But Stamkos is best player in the deal.
    Haha yeah, and what you just said is why I'm struggling whether to do the deal.

1 year of Kop + Wheeler for 3 + no extra pick + buyout of Patches (50$)

or

1 year of Pacioretty + Stamkos for 3 + extra pick + buyout of Drouin (50$)

In either case, there is a buyout involved.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ah only 1 year of Kopitar. If you can find a way to swap Patches to Rakell.. do it

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    Ah only 1 year of Kopitar. If you can find a way to swap Patches to Rakell.. do it
    Well yeah, Benn i'm signing to 2, Wheeler is my 3 currently, Barkov signing to 4, and Boeser is my rookie carry-over, so if I trade for Stamkos, I can easily buy out Patches as well and do Rakell (1), Benn (2), Stamkos (3), Barkov (4) and Boeser (R). I think it gives me lots of goals, and that plays in my format. Rakell wasn't on my mind as a keeper type guy when I got him via trade, but he was solid and finished with 69 in 77, plus he's 25. A lot of people say about oh buyout money, 50$/year is a lot, etc but sometimes it happens.

I think if it improves your team, it's worth it, especially considering our payout structure. Top 4 win money, out of 14 teams and buy in has been 75$ so it's a good payout. 4th you basically win back your entry fee, but still.

And there are buyouts every year:

2016/2017 Buyouts

Ryan x 1 ($50)
    Gaborik x 1 ($50)
    Stastny x 2 and Kadri x 1 ($150)
    Palat x 2 ($100)

2017/2018 BUyouts

Parise x 1 ($50)
    Sedin x1 ($50)
    Johnson x 2 ($50)

Not saying it's ideal, and usually that's when guys have been signed to poor contracts and the gm wants out of it, but sometimes you take on a bad contract via trade and that guy isn't in your plans but you get other assets.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax