Poll: VGK or SJ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Pacific Division Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs San Jose Sharks

Administrator

Default Re: Pacific Division Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs San Jose Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Man, how bad of a move is the Tatar trade looking like? What are they going to do about this?

McPhee has proven himself to be an idiot in the past (Forsberg/Erat trade). His Vegas team is amazing but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Did he just luck out with his team success?
    McPhee did great overall but had a couple really obvious head-scratchers (passing on Hudon, his over-stocking of depth dmen thinking he'll get picks for all of them). I'd argue the coaching has had a lot more more to do with the team's success than the GM himself.

Also, the other teams did a lot to help Vegas. Some of the things they did to "protect" themselves is laughable. It's like everyone fell for the big bad boogey man that was the expansion draft. It's a contributor to my growing belief that many of the NHL's GMs are not very good at their job.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Man, how bad of a move is the Tatar trade looking like? What are they going to do about this?

McPhee has proven himself to be an idiot in the past (Forsberg/Erat trade). His Vegas team is amazing but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Did he just luck out with his team success?
    I am not a huge McPhee fan by any stretch, but I'm not sure the Forsberg trade solely falls on his shoulders. Ted was bullish on "winning now" and I believe played a big part in pushing a deal through. Although, if I were McPhee I probably would have handed in my resignation before trading baby Foppa for Erat.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vegas fans can send most of their thanks to Florida. Florida handed Vegas their head coach (who has been awesome and the biggest individual reason for their success IMO) and two top-six forwards just because.