Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Elias Lindholm - Still under the radar?

Default Re: Elias Lindholm - Still under the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I agree that Lindholm is well primed for a breakout. If not this year, then he'll lose a lot of my confidence that the breakout is coming.

In a lot of ways, it mirrors how I felt about Granlund last offseason.
    Drafted him in my dynasty league this year because of your site's recommendation. No pressure. lol

I went from a limited keeper to a full-on dynasty this season. Very happy to have him, and that Guru app of yours is priceless. Being so immersed in fantasy football I lost site of quality NHL talent,

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    What are your projections on him? Currently I have him down for 18+35 for 53 points.
    That's about what I was thinking, somewhere in the 50 - 60 point range. I think as a talent, he would max at about 70 points or so in his better seasons. But that's a 70 point player that adds in other categories depending on league. And 70 points in today's NHL feels like the equivalent of 80-90 in 15 years ago. I also agree that he is the most all around skilled player on that Carolina team. It would be between him and Aho for me. Skinner might be the best goalscorer, but he is primarily and almost exclusively a goal scorer, so he better be good at it.

It really depends on the line makeup in Carolina. I still think Lindholm would be a great compliment to a 1st line. But 2nd line is possible too. Depends on their other wingers and centers. And yea, he is a sleeper depending on league. Some I am sure are more aware of him than others. But he still isn't getting the hype from the community at large. Still very low ownership.

For me, the 2nd half of last season was key. He really exploded in that period and I see no reason he shouldn't continue. He finished the season with 45 points. So I could really see him crossing the 55 point barrier this year.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    For me, the 2nd half of last season was key. He really exploded in that period and I see no reason he shouldn't continue. He finished the season with 45 points. So I could really see him crossing the 55 point barrier this year.
    The issue with this line of thinking is you can't just dismiss the first half. It's part of the package. Lindholm has had problems with consistency.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The issue with this line of thinking is you can't just dismiss the first half. It's part of the package. Lindholm has had problems with consistency.
    Well, up until the 2nd half of last season, I would say he had been consistently mediocre. He had never really gone on a run as he did that 2nd half. It seemed like something changed with him as a player. I see that point in time as when he theoretically figured it out. I don't see this as the same with someone like Vic Rask, who has gone on runs before then cooled off. And he had done that consistently. The Lindholm of the first half of last year was the same as the Lindholm going all the way back to his rookie season. The 2nd half seemed a very different, far more confident player. That is what I am hoping carries over. It's possible he doesn't. And it's possible that he reverts back to his 1st half self. But if that run was indicative of him finding his game, then I would say watch out.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Well, up until the 2nd half of last season, I would say he had been consistently mediocre. He had never really gone on a run as he did that 2nd half. It seemed like something changed with him as a player. I see that point in time as when he theoretically figured it out. I don't see this as the same with someone like Vic Rask, who has gone on runs before then cooled off. And he had done that consistently. The Lindholm of the first half of last year was the same as the Lindholm going all the way back to his rookie season. The 2nd half seemed a very different, far more confident player. That is what I am hoping carries over. It's possible he doesn't. And it's possible that he reverts back to his 1st half self. But if that run was indicative of him finding his game, then I would say watch out.
    Love reading your responses. Always lengthy and full of insightful information. Keep up the great work.