Thread: McAvoy's Trade Value?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default McAvoy's Trade Value?

I have a Bruins fan asking for McAvoy. He offered me his 11th and 14th round selections in the start up draft which I politely declined. I drafted McAvoy in the bottom of the 10th round. I will post our rosters and our scoring. I don't really see anything that matches up all that well at the moment.

My Roster - 12 Team Keep 24 players each year start up draft

C - McDavid
    C - Johansen
    C - Kuznetsov
    LW - Arvidsson
    LW - Ehlers
    LW - Drouin
    RW -
    RW -
    RW -
    D - Gostisbehere
    D - Provorov
    D - McAvoy
    D -
    3 Flex -

G - Holtby
    G - Murray

His Roster
    C - Getzlaf
    C - Barkov
    C - Stamkos
    LW - Marchand
    LW - Skinner
    LW -
    RW - Kucherov
    RW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton
    D - Schultz
    D -
    D -
    3 Flex -

G - Lehner
    G -

Offense
    3 points for every Goal
    2 points for every Hat Trick
    1 point for every Game-Winning Goal
    1 point for every Power Play Goal
    1 point for every Power Play Point
    2 points for every Short Handed Goal
    24 points for every 10 Assists (2.4 per)
    1 point for every 4 Shots On Goal (0.25 per)
    3 points for every 10 Penalty Minutes (0.3 per)
    1 point for every Plus Minus
    Defense
    1 point for every 10 Hits (0.1 per)
    2 points for every 10 Blocks (0.2 per)
    Goaltending
    5 points for every Win
    3 points for every Shutout
    1 point for every 10 Shots Against (0.1 per)
    2 points for every 45 Saves (0.04 per)
    -1 point for every Goal Against
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 UT, 2 G

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    RW - M Marner, B Boeser, T Meier, J Voracek, W Nylander, K Kaprizov, V Kratsov
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes
    G - A Vasilevsky, J Gibson, I Sorokin, K Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: McAvoy's Trade Value?

Well, this is impossible to answer when we don't even know who are the best players available with that 11th round pick, not to mention the 14th round pick. Can you post a top-5 of players available with that 11th round pick to get some sort of idea what the trade would actually mean?

Either way, I'd probably ask for 11th and 12th round picks if you are going to do this. He wants McAvoy, so if that improves your team, then it's worth doing. The 12th round player is probably much better than whoever is available in round #24.

Dobber Sports Icon

i personally think you should have jumped on that deal. in 12 team league im not sure he is top 10 rounds selection.

I guess it depends on who you view as best available. As I don't really want to put my entire draft list on a forum that my drafting competitors could be looking. I will list off the top points guys from last years stats.

Zetterberg, Palmieri, Kreider, Turis, Palat, Rakell, Silfverberg, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Krejci, Steen, Klefbom, T Johnson, Trouba, Little, Point, Landeskog, Giordano, Faulk, Duchene, Larkin, Ho-Sang, Sharp, Nyqvist, Schwartz, Kreider,
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points

C - S Stamkos, A Barkov, B Point, L Couture, D Strome, C Dvorak, A Turcotte, P Krebs
    LW - B Marchand, G Landeskog, P Luc Dubois, T Konecny, C Keller, J Farabee, L Raymond
    D - Z Werenski, I Provorov, S Gostisbehere, A Pietrangelo, R Pulock, N Hague, L Hughes

Dobber Sports Icon

in a keeper format and specially seeing how young you drafted so far...3 guys from this list jump at me right away that i would prefer by long mile and that's Trouba, Faulk and Klefbom. Giordano and Mcdonagh as well but they are older

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    in a keeper format and specially seeing how young you drafted so far...3 guys from this list jump at me right away that i would prefer by long mile and that's Trouba, Faulk and Klefbom. Giordano and Mcdonagh as well but they are older
    Yeah, if OP can get Klefbom, Faulk or Trouba and a nice upgrade to another pick, then that's definitely worth giving away McAvoy.

We were not able to come to an agreement on a McAvoy deal. So instead I found a trading partner moving up from the back end of the 12th round for his 12th and grabbed Klefbom. Giving him a upgrade in the late rounds to do so.
    14 TM Keep 30 H2H Points

Big Daddy

Keep McAvoy, it'll benefit more in the long run. If you want to get value for him, wait and see if he has a hot start and then make the Bruins fan overpay. I don't see any benefit of you trading him now.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CreamTeam View Post
    We were not able to come to an agreement on a McAvoy deal. So instead I found a trading partner moving up from the back end of the 12th round for his 12th and grabbed Klefbom. Giving him a upgrade in the late rounds to do so.
    Nicely done, I hope you didn't give too much of an upgrade - especially if guys like Faulk and Trouba were still available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Keep McAvoy, it'll benefit more in the long run. If you want to get value for him, wait and see if he has a hot start and then make the Bruins fan overpay. I don't see any benefit of you trading him now.
    Sometimes the best deals are made mid-draft. After the draft, it might be difficult to trade McAvoy and 288th ranked player (last pick in round #24) for Klefbom and 162nd ranked player (mid-pick from round #14) for example but that's pretty much the deal that was offered already, so that's pretty awesome value when you really think about it.