Page 202 of 244 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

The Great One

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Would they rather lose Phaneuf......or Methot.....or Ceci?

Actually, don't answer. Ottawa management already told us.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

You're right, they have. They want to protect all 4 as they don't think LAV will take Phaneuf....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

Yes, phaneuf. Not sure why you're stating something that's obvious. But the odds of him actually getting picked are slim. It's all about minimizing the impact of a loss. If he doesn't waive, then vegas picks methot or ceci.

And if phaneuf waives , both he and Ryan are aviailable. And Dzingel wideman and claesson. All would be picked before phaneuf.

The Great One

Why are the odds of him getting picked slim? Why wouldn't Vegas take him?

Because it has been said they would only take contracts like that if they get other pieces in return. Phaneufs contract and age don't really make sense for expansion team with no chance of competing

And if phaneuf is available and so is Ryan, it makes more sense to grab the bigger name, the forward, who had very good playoff.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Because it has been said they would only take contracts like that if they get other pieces in return. Phaneufs contract and age don't really make sense for expansion team with no chance of competing

And if phaneuf is available and so is Ryan, it makes more sense to grab the bigger name, the forward, who had very good playoff.
    Phaneuf also had a good playoff. Arguably the best hockey he has played in seven years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Because it has been said they would only take contracts like that if they get other pieces in return.

Where has that been said (source) and what do you mean contracts like that?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Phaneuf also had a good playoff. Arguably the best hockey he has played in seven years
    I agree.but for marketing and instant impact, even though he has struggled in last year aside from playoff, Ryan would be better. But I doubt they take him either. He even said so himself.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I agree.but for marketing and instant impact, even though he has struggled in last year aside from playoff, Ryan would be better. But I doubt they take him either. He even said so himself.
    After looking at capfriendly. Phaneuf makes 250k less per year, one less year on his contract & gets 1m less per year in signing bonus' than Ryan. There is a cap floor Vegas will need to reach. Depending on how they desire to do this, taking on a large salary or two, surrounded by RFA's & ELC'S having a vet like Phaneuf around may be attractive.
    That said, I saw on several rumour sites that CBJ is willing to give LV a 1st & a prospect if they select Clarkson -- which will help them reach the floor and possibly steer them away from either Bobby or Panufff
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

for what it's worth, ]Ottawa sports radio (1200) is predicting it will be Fredrik Claesson who gets picked by Vegas. That assumes Ceci is not available. (If Phaneuf doesn't waive, my guess is they expose Methot...or find a trade for Ceci by Friday).

Dobber Sports Titan

From section 11.8 (b) and (c) of the CBA:
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...A_2013_CBA.pdf

No Movement Clause:
    A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's Buy-Out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.

No Trade Clause:
    A no-Trade clause or a no-move clause that is negotiated as part of an extension of an SPC entered into pursuant to Section 50.5(f) may become effective immediately upon registration of, but prior to the effective date of, such SPC extension, provided: (i) the Player would otherwise have been eligible as of the immediately preceding July 1 prior to signing the SPC extension to have a no-Trade or no-move clause pursuant to Section 11.8; and (ii) the Club and the Player, who are parties to such SPC extension, agree that the no-Trade or no-move clause is effective immediately upon execution of the SPC extension (or at some later date agreed to by the Club and the Player) and evidence such agreement in writing in the SPC.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    for what it's worth, ]Ottawa sports radio (1200) is predicting it will be Fredrik Claesson who gets picked by Vegas. That assumes Ceci is not available. (If Phaneuf doesn't waive, my guess is they expose Methot...or find a trade for Ceci by Friday).
    If Methot is available I'd pick him before Claesson.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't think Phaneuf's contract and age make sense for any team. If anything, it's an expansion team who could use someone like Phaneuf to get to the floor. Competing teams (real ones, not Ottawa) are the ones who cannot afford top dollar for a #4 d-man.
    Ottawa winning two rounds and going the full 7 games and double OT against the cup champs means they're not actually competing I guess. Phaneuf is a very good 2nd pair who was critical to Ottawas success. Just because they can afford his contract doesn't mean they aren't competing. Phaneuf would have been PITs best dman without Letang...

As per Bobbie mac, phaneuf won't waive, so I think the sens will definitely look to trade methot now. Or ceci.

The Great One

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    The fact that Ottawa is so incredibly concerned about losing Methot (dime a dozen depth guy on most teams) tells me all I need to know about their true competitiveness going forward.
    As for their Cinderella run in the playoffs, good for them... really, but it doesn't change anything. Good coaching, and a goalie getting hot at the right time, can elevate any average team to greatness. Temporarily anyway.
    Well I guess I learned quickly who I should talk to here. Calling Marc methot a dime a dozen depth guy shows a lack of respect and an utter lack of knowledge on your end. You must be a leafs fan. Take care.