Page 169 of 311 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4654

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Hercules

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Imagine what their record would be if the could only drive in the RISP.
    Or if Donaldson was playing even. Even if 2 games flipped they would be 11-15 which doesn't look terrible at all.Not good, but not terrible.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

Game 1 of the Cleveland series was great to watch. Game 2 was a BP explosion, and great pitching by Carrasco. Game 3 could have had Liriano go much farther but his pitches were JUST off the plate, but the BP bulled up their shoe strings and did admirable. 8IP/18innings for the BP in the last 2 games I think, Estrada needs to go to the 8th I think (7IP) to give some guys a rest. Osuna should be able to pitch tonight.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

The team keeps putting up W's despite being the Bisons.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

Toronto has like $84mill on the DL, and $94mill hurt if you include Morales. haha

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Toronto has like $84mill on the DL, and $94mill hurt if you include Morales. haha
    Sounds like all of our fantasy teams!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

That's insane. However one of my (and Im sure other's) reasons that I didn't think they'd do well this year is because of injuries. To go through last year with an almost perfectly healthy pitching staff is unheard of. Now a couple hitters go as well.....and what do you know! They're winning.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yep...the injury bug was gonna catch up with them at some point...it's funny because people have such short term memories. Prior to last season, this was a franchise that was consistently plagued by injuries on a regular basis. Actually, to the point that I would say unlucky.

Last year was a ****ing anomaly through and through and people were naive to ignore that.

I'm pretty conflicted about what I want the team to do. Having gotten a taste of playoffs I want nothing more than to watch this team win. At the same time they're hitting a point where failure to properly rebuild post-window could be devastating for the franchise and put us back into the state of the 2000s where we were just consistently mediocre. Is a two-year window enough to appease the franchise? Has the team done enough to build credibility to ensure that fans will stick through a rebuilding process? I mean the team was hot garbage to start the season and we're still drawing out larger crowds than I ever experienced in the early 2000s. I remember when cracking the 20k mark on a weekend game was considered great...now we're crossing the 40k mark some weeknights.

I've been super fortunate this year so far...only been to two games - first one was Morales' walk off homerun win against Baltimore, second one was Monday in Edwin's return.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Yep...the injury bug was gonna catch up with them at some point...it's funny because people have such short term memories. Prior to last season, this was a franchise that was consistently plagued by injuries on a regular basis. Actually, to the point that I would say unlucky.

Last year was a ****ing anomaly through and through and people were naive to ignore that.

I'm pretty conflicted about what I want the team to do. Having gotten a taste of playoffs I want nothing more than to watch this team win. At the same time they're hitting a point where failure to properly rebuild post-window could be devastating for the franchise and put us back into the state of the 2000s where we were just consistently mediocre. Is a two-year window enough to appease the franchise? Has the team done enough to build credibility to ensure that fans will stick through a rebuilding process? I mean the team was hot garbage to start the season and we're still drawing out larger crowds than I ever experienced in the early 2000s. I remember when cracking the 20k mark on a weekend game was considered great...now we're crossing the 40k mark some weeknights.

I've been super fortunate this year so far...only been to two games - first one was Morales' walk off homerun win against Baltimore, second one was Monday in Edwin's return.
    I expect the rebuild/tear-down to begin mid to end June. Shapiro has been wanting to do it since he got here but knew he'd be chastised if he did it while they were winning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Honestly, it would be nice to see a roster of home grown, drafted &/or developed talent vs. a couple prospects that happened to develop fast enough to not get traded two years ago for vets.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Almost back at .500!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Almost back at .500!

A month ago that seemed impossible. BP has been rock solid, getting great contribution from bench players and Pillar is really coming into his own. But for all the hate Gibby gets when this team struggles, he deserves a ton of credit right now.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    A month ago that seemed impossible. BP has been rock solid, getting great contribution from bench players and Pillar is really coming into his own. But for all the hate Gibby gets when this team struggles, he deserves a ton of credit right now.
    Gibbons biggest negative has been managing pitching, but I haven’t actually seen him mismanage the staff at all this yr.

Vlad Guerrero is now up to 29th best prospect in the league (Higher than Hoffman who was the big piece in the Tulo trade). And Reid-Foley is at 56. Alford is 62. They’ve really been climbing.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gibbons biggest negative has been managing pitching, but I haven’t actually seen him mismanage the staff at all this yr.

Vlad Guerrero is now up to 29th best prospect in the league (Higher than Hoffman who was the big piece in the Tulo trade). And Reid-Foley is at 56. Alford is 62. They’ve really been climbing.
    And Vlad is just getting started. I just had a quick scan and he's a 1999 kid, there is only 1 kid ahead of him in the rankings that is younger than he is. Only 2 ahead of him are 1998 born, and the rest were born between 1994 and 1997. He will be pushing top 5-10 next year.

Hercules

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity.

haha, ya that went South in a hurry. Still, this roster playing 500 ball is impressive. Gibby must have lost his mind calling for Travis to bunt yesterday.