Thread: Buying a hockey helmet with size 8 head

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Buying a hockey helmet with size 8 head

i have a hard time finding a helmet that can fix. XL is too small and i wear size 8 hats (25 inches) anyone else have this problem? i want to get a helmet, gloves and stick today and start playing hockey and buying icetime but dont want to skate unless i have a helmet. dont want to hit my head and die

Hercules

Default Re: Buying a hockey helmet with size 8 head

A Bauer RE-AKT would fit.
    http://www.hockeygiant.com/bauer-hoc...et-sizing.html

Just look up sizes online for major companies. Bauer has a Larger that ranges from 23.6-25.2”, but another that ranges to under 25”. Just gotta look.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look up sizes online for major companies. Bauer has a Larger that ranges from 23.6-25.2?, but another that ranges to under 25?. Just gotta look.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Just look up sizes online for major companies. Bauer has a Larger that ranges from 23.6-25.2?, but another that ranges to under 25?. Just gotta look.

- - - Updated - - -

wow those are pretty expensive. i like the looks of the bauer 4500, not too fancy, cheap, but if i have to ill have to shell out the big bucks for a helmet that fits. i tried an xl on at sport chek and it couldnt fit lol

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    wow those are pretty expensive. i like the looks of the bauer 4500, not too fancy, cheap, but if i have to ill have to shell out the big bucks for a helmet that fits. i tried an xl on at sport chek and it couldnt fit lol
    Oh I?m not saying shell out 300+, but I?m saying there are helmets that go that big, just gotta search. But with a head that size, maybe you don?t need a helmet at all since your skull is likely stronger than a helmet?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh I?m not saying shell out 300+, but I?m saying there are helmets that go that big, just gotta search. But with a head that size, maybe you don?t need a helmet at all since your skull is likely stronger than a helmet?
    lololol i WISH. with my size if i fell on my head it would crack like an egg

Dobber Sports Genius

I have a buddy who's dad has a big ol pumpkin sized head. He couldn't find a helmet that fit so he took the padding out of a standard large one. Wouldn't recommend it but it was pretty funny at the time.

Like 2014og said though, you can probably find one online and considering the time of season they should come with some good discounts as shops are trying to move out old stock.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a buddy who's dad has a big ol pumpkin sized head. He couldn't find a helmet that fit so he took the padding out of a standard large one. Wouldn't recommend it but it was pretty funny at the time.

Like 2014og said though, you can probably find one online and considering the time of season they should come with some good discounts as shops are trying to move out old stock.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar