Thread: Puljujarvi for Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Puljujarvi for Galchenyuk

Points only keeper league..

Galchenyuk is due to resign next year, but I doubt he goes much more than 5.5m ..

Pul sits at 3.5m .. for that money difference, do I gain from doing the move? Does Pul have that much of a higher upside than Chucky? When will Pul beat Chucky?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Puljujarvi for Galchenyuk

With a solid season, I could see Galchenyuk sitting at a similar $6 mil value to the contract Scheifele signed last last season.
    Pulj may not beat Galchenyuk's value until the end of his entry level deal, and who knows where his contract goes from there.

Just based on the salaries and the hype on Pulj, I think you could get a little more for him than Galchenyuk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

Frankly I like Galchenyuk's upside as much as Puljujarvi's and he's about two years ahead in terms of development. I don't know if the $ savings offers enough value for waiting another three years. Give me Galchenyuk at $5 million, though I admit my experience in cap leagues is limited
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Frankly I like Galchenyuk's upside as much as Puljujarvi's and he's about two years ahead in terms of development. I don't know if the $ savings offers enough value for waiting another three years. Give me Galchenyuk at $5 million, though I admit my experience in cap leagues is limited
    I also get him at 2.5 for this year as well as a better chance of winning..

Dobber Sports Wizard

I prefer Puljujärvi's upside but he's 2-3 years behind in development and the difference in upside isn't big, so if you can get Galchenyuk+ and that helps you win this year, then go for it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I also get him at 2.5 for this year as well as a better chance of winning..
    If you're in a spot to content then it's definitely something to go for. The extra production now will outweigh the possible bit of increase in production later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)