Thread: Box Pool Comparisons/Help

Default Box Pool Comparisons/Help

Hey guys, quick question for you.

All the teams in the box pool league I'm in have been updated finally.
    There are 43 teams and I've been thinking about a way to compare them but not sure it's even possible.

You know how in a playoff pool once all your players get eliminated you kind of say something like 'Okay, basically its Sid/Thornton vs Jones/Malkin- who wins?'?

Now alot of players overlap, so obviously those are a wash but there is just so much variance in teams not sure if there is anything I can do..

PS. The team currently in 1st place has: Panik, Pastrnak, Werenski, Boyle (what the heck lol)!?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Box Pool Comparisons/Help

My best suggestion would be imputing all the teams into an excel spreadsheet and using some formulas to compare who is common on several teams. Conditional formatting I think it is called...

But with that many teams, there is likely not any set way to see a comparison as similar to the playoffs like you mentioned.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My best suggestion would be imputing all the teams into an excel spreadsheet and using some formulas to compare who is common on several teams. Conditional formatting I think it is called...

But with that many teams, there is likely not any set way to see a comparison as similar to the playoffs like you mentioned.
    This would work. I would use the conditional formatting to list the 1st choice from each box in one color, the 2nd choice in another color, the 3rd choice in yet another. That way you can quickly see which teams have similar players just by looking at the color of each player. It's not really going to help the math but it should be pretty easy to set up and it will make it easy to see the similarities of all the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This would work. I would use the conditional formatting to list the 1st choice from each box in one color, the 2nd choice in another color, the 3rd choice in yet another. That way you can quickly see which teams have similar players just by looking at the color of each player. It's not really going to help the math but it should be pretty easy to set up and it will make it easy to see the similarities of all the teams.
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a try!