Thread: NHL Center Ice Package: Do you get to watch all the games?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default NHL Center Ice Package: Do you get to watch all the games?

I see there is Calgary vs Edmonton on sportsnet but those are normally blacked out in my area but its not on the NHL center ice channels (telus). I thought I would get to see all the games?

i look at the guide for tomorrow and i see tonnes of games. lol i wanted to watch mcdavid tonight

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: NHL Center Ice Package: Do you get to watch all the games?

Watch McDavid on Sportsnet ... it's the second game of the double header. At least in Ontario it is but I think tomorrow night is a nationally televised game so you should be safe from it being blacked out

I...am your father.

No, blackouts still happen. Which is dumb, because then I just go to livetv and stream it, so it gains them nothing.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Watch McDavid on Sportsnet ... it's the second game of the double header. At least in Ontario it is but I think tomorrow night is a nationally televised game so you should be safe from it being blacked out
    I see tonights Edmonton vs Calgary game is on all sportsnet channels, usually when its like that they show the game but most of the time its just blacked out. there are other games on which i can watch but want to see mcdavid play

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe some teams still own regional rights or something like that and that's where the blackouts come from. I could be wrong but that's why I think there's still blackouts on the CentreIce package.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I see tonights Edmonton vs Calgary game is on all sportsnet channels, usually when its like that they show the game but most of the time its just blacked out. there are other games on which i can watch but want to see mcdavid play
    I'd imagine opening night of the season the edm/cal game will be televised nationally somehow ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not Cgy/Edm related but if you're a Leaf fan in BC - you need SHAW, not Telus for Centre ice. Telus blacks out all games broadcast by LeafsTV, SHAW does not. that's 35 games a year. BRUTAL!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'd imagine opening night of the season the edm/cal game will be televised nationally somehow ?
    Sportsnet is carrying the game. Double header tonight actually.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

From what I understand as well you don't get any playoff games on Centre Ice either.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    From what I understand as well you don't get any playoff games on Centre Ice either.
    not too long ago they did carry some round 1 matchups that tsn/cbc couldnt fit .

now that sportsnet has sn1,sn360 and cbc feeds they seem to handle the overflow so none require center ice