Thread: Mason or Bobrovsky - One Year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mason or Bobrovsky - One Year

Hi All,

I'm in a multicat roto keeper league with a strong team that consistently gets let down by tending.

We play 2 goalies and cats are W, SHO, Save%, GAA.

I have Gibson and Vaiselevsky so the future is bright and I don't want to pay high on a goalie knowing I have these 2 coming through.

For this season (before Vaiselevsky becomes the man in TB) who would you rather rely on? Mason or Bobrovsky. If I choose neither I will have the choice of Varlamov and Reimer/Luongo (which interest me) via draft - and maybe others but our keepers aren't locked in yet.

Who do you like?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mason or Bobrovsky - One Year

Of Bob/Mason, I go Bob because it's his net, and he has had good seasons in the past.
    If you can get the pair of Reimer/Luongo, that's probably your best bet though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agree that Luongo/Reimer is the way to go if that's an option. Otherwise I'd go Mason over Bob.

There really isn't anything to like about CBJ and they didn't do much in the off season to think they'll improve on last year's performance. Flyers still have a rather pathetic group of D going into the season, but Hakstol has installed a solid team defense and Mason has had sneaky good numbers since arriving in Philly. Bob will get more starts, but the Jackets will let in more goals and lose more games than the Flyers, so expect Mason to keep putting up better ratios of the two.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Bobrovsky if you have to pick one, but I'd be very willing to pick neither and go into the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

If you pick neither who becomes your keeper instead pre draft?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    Agree that Luongo/Reimer is the way to go if that's an option. Otherwise I'd go Mason over Bob.

There really isn't anything to like about CBJ and they didn't do much in the off season to think they'll improve on last year's performance. Flyers still have a rather pathetic group of D going into the season, but Hakstol has installed a solid team defense and Mason has had sneaky good numbers since arriving in Philly. Bob will get more starts, but the Jackets will let in more goals and lose more games than the Flyers, so expect Mason to keep putting up better ratios of the two.
    This is my same take. Philly should have a decent year and Mason should have better than expected stats (IMO) I do not trust Bob to play a decent number of games. Im afraid that there are not many miles left for Bob. The fact is CBJ are a very average team. There is no top end talent (Line 1 is ok Saad/Jenner/Cam) and Torts is a mess. I have them on my stay away list.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly