Thread: How comfortable should I be with bishop and Hellebuyck as my starters?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default How comfortable should I be with bishop and Hellebuyck as my starters?

Big question mark over Hellboy, too many cooks in wpg even with him Being the better option.
    Should I draft a third goalie or could I be comfortable with this tandem?
    Even if Bishop gets traded, I'm confident he stays as a number one option.
    Thoughts?
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: How comfortable should I be with bishop and Hellebuyck as my starters?

You should be comfortable with Bishop but you will need a better option than Hellebuyck if you are expecting fantasy numbers from him all season long.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How comfortable should I be with bishop and Hellebuyck as my starters?

In a 9GM league, I think you should be able to find another goalie option to supplement the ones you have.
    Bishop should be great, but I agree with Axe that Helly is not one to throw your chips in with this season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

100% you need a third goalie - they may become expendable if Helly gets the call full time but right now I don't see that until 2017-18
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks! That's what I was thinking myself. Really wish they didn't keep all three signed for this season.

Dobber Sports Giant

I would try to get a starter for sure. If for some reason you can't, hopefully Vasilevskyi is available and you can handcuff Bishop.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Neighbours, Reichel, Holloway
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    100% you need a third goalie - they may become expendable if Helly gets the call full time but right now I don't see that until 2017-18
    I would consider Helleybuck your third goalie as of now. You need a second goalie, high priority, but as EB stated, 9GM league starting 2G, shouldn't be hard to find one.

The Great One

sorry I didn't mean as in third goalie in a depth chart way more a third goalie to go to the total - totally agree it needs to be a starter
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You need a guy to be your second goalie in the lineup, a tandem guy at worst.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.