Thread: Rank these possible BN goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank these possible BN goalies

If I decide to carry a 4th goalie who would you take

Reimer, This would take advantage of a decent FL team that could start out pretty good. Roberto Luongo is also in re-hab from hip surgery so there could be some decent games played if the bring him along slow or take some workload off of his shoulders?

Chad Johnson, Elliot has not played more than 50 games (IIRC hearng this a few times) and he is always injured about 10-15 games per year. Chad Johnson played pretty good and is used to playing for a young team who is a bit loose with Defense in front of him (Buf last year, he did ok) He could get some games here.

Neuvirth, If I land Mason as my 3rd Goalie should I handcuff him with this last position? He played pretty good when called upon last year. Im not big on Philly but due to draft picks traded last year Im trying to land Mason late and get some value out of him and his handcuff can be had free/late in my draft i'm sure.

Any body else??

Thank you guys,

Steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rank these possible BN goalies

I would probably go with Reimer because I think Florida is the best team out of those three listed, Luongo is getting older and the Panthers might start in less in the regular season, and Luongo might be out in the beginning of the year. I can see making the case for Neuvirth but would take either of those two over Chad Johnson

Dobber Sports Titan

Agreed on Reimer being the best of the bunch.
    Johnson and Neuvirth are both solid options. If you can get one cheaper than the other, then I would go with that one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Is this for team in sig? Not a fan of carrying 4 goalies with only 4 goalie categories scored in a roto setup. So for this reason I would go with Reimer. You've indicated the reasons why to take him and that's also your first point made in your post so I assume you are already learning towards that decision which IMO is the right decision. I think Reimer plays a lot this year and I really like Florida as a team, they have a good squad!

Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    If I decide to carry a 4th goalie who would you take

Reimer, This would take advantage of a decent FL team that could start out pretty good. Roberto Luongo is also in re-hab from hip surgery so there could be some decent games played if the bring him along slow or take some workload off of his shoulders?

Chad Johnson, Elliot has not played more than 50 games (IIRC hearng this a few times) and he is always injured about 10-15 games per year. Chad Johnson played pretty good and is used to playing for a young team who is a bit loose with Defense in front of him (Buf last year, he did ok) He could get some games here.

Neuvirth, If I land Mason as my 3rd Goalie should I handcuff him with this last position? He played pretty good when called upon last year. Im not big on Philly but due to draft picks traded last year Im trying to land Mason late and get some value out of him and his handcuff can be had free/late in my draft i'm sure.

Any body else??

Thank you guys,

Steve

Dobber Sports Ace

Optimus Reim!!
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

The Great One

I like Reimer but with Lou supposedly fit to start the season I probably go Johnson behind that team and also I think Elliott is most likely to have an injury but I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the three (realistically you're looking for the same thing to happen in all three circumstances for this to pay off IMO)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I normally would not carry 4 goalies, however, our league over the last few years has had 75% of managers reach max games allowed for Goalies every year (164) A few years back this did not happen. With games started per goalie (even 60+ guys) and choosing match ups for them it is hard to get that many starts.

60x3=180 games....... toss out 25% for not playing poor match ups, b2b games, slumps, etc

I have been looking at 4th goalies the last few seasons.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

The Great One

makes perfect sense to maximise them but if its the league in your signature there's no real volume metrics? Wins but shut outs can be a crap shot
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Prefer Reimer of those 3, because he could become a guy with real value if he plays well & gets the Florida job as we expect.

I like Neuwirth more than most here do, because I see a path to the starter's role through Mason if Neuwirth can stay healthy, he is at least as talented.

Johnson seems like a priority waiver grab if Eliott is not playing well or gets hurt, but you may need to get him at the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.