Thread: Week One Decisions (WR/RB/FLEX calls)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Week One Decisions (WR/RB/FLEX calls)

Time to make my week one lineup choices in my 12 team PPR league.

RB start 2: LeSean McCoy (@BAL), Jonathan Stewart (@DEN), James White (@ARI), LeGarrette Blount (@ARI)

WR start 3: Julio Jones (obviously), Randall Cobb (obviously), Kevin White (@HOU), Devin Funchess (@DEN), Tajae Sharpe (MIN), Eli Rogers (@WSH)

Flex: Any of the above and Jared Cook (@JAX)

My current lineup is McCoy, Stewart, JJ, Cobb, Kevin White (WR3) and James White as the flex.

Default Re: Week One Decisions (WR/RB/FLEX calls)

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    Time to make my week one lineup choices in my 12 team PPR league.

RB start 2: LeSean McCoy (@BAL), Jonathan Stewart (@DEN), James White (@ARI), LeGarrette Blount (@ARI)

WR start 3: Julio Jones (obviously), Randall Cobb (obviously), Kevin White (@HOU), Devin Funchess (@DEN), Tajae Sharpe (MIN), Eli Rogers (@WSH)

My current lineup is McCoy, Stewart, JJ, Cobb, Kevin White (WR3) and James White as the flex.
    Pretty much agree with your picks except maybe for James White. My preference would be Blount, to be blunt but also NE is playing ARI who might shut them both down. Eli Rogers might be a better play as WAS cornerbacks are pretty good so there may be enough targets at Rogers inside to make starting him worthwhile.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Start McCoy and James White at RB. PPR league. NE is on the road in Arizona with Jimmy Garoppolo at QB. Blount games are when NE is favored at home. White games are when NE is expected to be chasing points. Which they will be. White might get 10+ targets this game. Also, JStew, on the road, against probably the best defense in the league? We don't ever want to start 2 down backs who don't catch the ball when they are expected to be trailing on the road, especially in a PPR league.

WR, go Julio, Cobb, and Tajae.

Flex, I would go Kevin White. The Bears are going to be trifling and will need to throw all over the field. But I actually don't hate Cook in this spot either. Not a chance in hell Blount or JStew would touch my lineup this week.

Hercules

Unless it’s an easy decision, I don’t start guys on Thursdays. It’s a different game on the first Thursday because there’s no short rest, but they are all amped up, then play a very timid game. Then you couple the fact it’s against a defense like the Broncos, Stewart is stapled to my bench.

Usually I go the typical route to begin the yr, but I think Sharpe gets in your lineup somewhere, as a WR3, or the FLEX.

RB: McCoy, White
    WR: JJ, Cobb, Sharpe
    FLEX: White.

Who’s your normal TE if you’re not starting Cook?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Expert

RB: McCoy & White (think everyone is on the same ship here)
    WR: Julio, Cobb, Sharpe....Minny has a great secondary but Sharpe looks to have Mariota's eye and White can't be trusted this early
    FLEX: Cook...Jags LBs struggle in coverage

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The two WR and McCoy are easy.

I go with Stewart because I think it will be a low scoring game and hopefully Carolina is up and they feed Stewart lots in 2nd half.

I go WR 3 in Sharpe because I heard he is supposed to be a target leader and will likely be down against the Vikings and will be targets lots.

As for Flex... this is almost like throwing a dart at the side of a brick wall... it will have to be extremely lucky to do anything.

Therefore I would go with Cook as a flex because all the others I simply do not trust against the defense they are playing.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Start McCoy and James White at RB. PPR league. NE is on the road in Arizona with Jimmy Garoppolo at QB. Blount games are when NE is favored at home. White games are when NE is expected to be chasing points. Which they will be. White might get 10+ targets this game. Also, JStew, on the road, against probably the best defense in the league? We don't ever want to start 2 down backs who don't catch the ball when they are expected to be trailing on the road, especially in a PPR league.

WR, go Julio, Cobb, and Tajae.

Flex, I would go Kevin White. The Bears are going to be trifling and will need to throw all over the field. But I actually don't hate Cook in this spot either. Not a chance in hell Blount or JStew would touch my lineup this week.
    I like those picks. I'm not playing JStew vs. DEN.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Unless it’s an easy decision, I don’t start guys on Thursdays. It’s a different game on the first Thursday because there’s no short rest, but they are all amped up, then play a very timid game. Then you couple the fact it’s against a defense like the Broncos, Stewart is stapled to my bench.

Usually I go the typical route to begin the yr, but I think Sharpe gets in your lineup somewhere, as a WR3, or the FLEX.

RB: McCoy, White
    WR: JJ, Cobb, Sharpe
    FLEX: White.

Who’s your normal TE if you’re not starting Cook?
    Gronkowski.

Thanks for the thoughts so far everyone.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hope you say JStew. In a PPR league, 6 points is woefully bad.