Thread: A Couple of 12-team Drafts...Because talking football is fun

Dobber Sports Expert

Default A Couple of 12-team Drafts...Because talking football is fun

Completed two 12-teams drafts last night. Just like to share the results because I love talking football and I had an itchy draft finger last night (rounds players were taken in brackets).

Team 1 - 12-team, 3 keeper, standard league non-PPR with W/R/T Flex, picked 6 in snake
    QB - Rodgers (4)
    RB - McCoy (2), Jennings (7), DJohnson (8), DWilliams (K,10)
    WR - Green (1), Moncreif (3), Landry (K,5), JBrown (K,6), Funchess (11), Sharpe (12), MThomas (13)
    TE - Kelce (8)
    K - Bailey (15)
    DEF - Vikings (14)

Team 2 - 12-team, 1.0 PPR with W/R/T Flex, picked 3 in a snake
    QB - Cousins (9)
    RB - Lacy (3), LMurray (7), Jennings (8), Henry (10)
    WR - Julio (1), Evans (2), Moncreif (4), Edelman (5), JMatthews (6), Funchess (12)
    TE - Eifert (11), McDonald (14)
    K - Catanzaro (15)
    DEF - Rams (13)

Really like how Team 2 turned out for a PPR...Don't like rostering 2TEs but I like Eifert's value to stash for the first month or so. Didn't really want Rodgers again for Team 1 but I found in every draft I did, the 4th round I just hated the names there....certainly not complaining about having Rodgers though. Hoping for some of the late rounders to pay dividends for keepers next year for Team 1...I had pretty bad keepers in comparison to the rest of the league heading in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: A Couple of 12-team Drafts...Because talking football is fun

Team 2 looks really good. I feel really good about late-drafting QBs last year, it seems the NFL is deep with "adequate" scoring QBs.
    There were a few articles I read that suggested that middle-ish group of QBs (10-20) is as high a fantasy scoring quality as we've seen in recent fantasy football years.
    8 straight rounds of RB/WR and Eifert in 11... big thumbs up from me, A+ draft.

Team 1, meh.
    There's a lot there tied to McCoy & Moncrief hope. The Moncrief hype train seems to be almost out-of-control these days... 3rd round... wow... I mean, maybe he turns out that good... maybe he goes all Cordarelle Patterson on us (j/k - he's not that bad).
    If Jennings does pan out as people are talking - it could be a good team.
    I do worry that the Pack receiving weapons takes a bit of a step back this year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: A Couple of 12-team Drafts...Because talking football is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Team 2 looks really good. I feel really good about late-drafting QBs last year, it seems the NFL is deep with "adequate" scoring QBs.
    There were a few articles I read that suggested that middle-ish group of QBs (10-20) is as high a fantasy scoring quality as we've seen in recent fantasy football years.
    8 straight rounds of RB/WR and Eifert in 11... big thumbs up from me, A+ draft.

Team 1, meh.
    There's a lot there tied to McCoy & Moncrief hope. The Moncrief hype train seems to be almost out-of-control these days... 3rd round... wow... I mean, maybe he turns out that good... maybe he goes all Cordarelle Patterson on us (j/k - he's not that bad).
    If Jennings does pan out as people are talking - it could be a good team.
    I do worry that the Pack receiving weapons takes a bit of a step back this year.
    Yeah not too happy overall with Team 1...its a high risk high reward team in my mind. Bad draft slot, terrible keepers and a lot stretch value...In comparison I'd say guys like McCoy weren't a reach over who else was available in those areas. Moncreif looks like a stretch in round 3 but you have to remember it is a keeper league. He's going 4-5 round in standard drafts so pretty similar value in retrospect. That being said three guys I've pushed chips all in on this year are Moncreif, Jennings and Funchess, usually have 2-3 or three of these players I try to nab throughout my drafts.