Thread: Keep 6. WAY too much talent. HELP! Haha

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keep 6. WAY too much talent. HELP! Haha

Thanks in advance. League details in sig. It's roto leave with hits blocks and pims. Pick 6. there's a couple of locks, last couple I need help with.

McDavid, Karlsson, Tavares...obvious locks for me

letang, Josi, wheeler, Kessel, getzlaf, simmonds, doughty

goalies are bishop and Lundqvist.

we removed shutouts for goalies this year and added saves. I have no idea how draft will play out. I also went for it and won last year, I don't pick until the 7th round so I'm not getting any of these guys back.

pick your 6 guys, and thanks for all the help!!!
    12 Team Dynasty. 26 man Roster. 15 Farm

G, A, P, PIM, PPG, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, Takeaways

Wins, GAA, SV%, Saves

3LW 3C 3RW 6D 2Util 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Keep 6. WAY too much talent. HELP! Haha

So 6 in total? Those locks are truly locks, so focusing on the others.

Bishop, Letang, Wheeler probably for me... Although I hate letting Josi go. But keeping 3 D-men sounds like too much. Maybe swap Letang and Josi if you don't want to take the injury risks of Letang.

The Great One

Bishop, Josi.... The last one is a toss up Between Wheeler, Hank, Letang and Simmonds

and I don't know which one lol. If you aren't picking until the 7th round I probably take Hank or Letang as doubt there'll be any good goalies or d men left by the
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

You must keep Letang because overshadowed by his scoring and injury risk is the fact that he's also superb in Hits and Blocks, and decent in PIM too.

I'll also tell you what I say to most who have these "embarrassment of riches" keeper dilemmas - based on the fact that you were able to assemble a team like this in the first place, it bodes well for you being able to do so again. Thus, while it's a bitter pill to swallow for you to have to lose so much talent, you should be confident that you should be able to put together a new squad that will be on a similar level.

All that praise aside, it also could mean your league has only a few teams, yet the result would still be the same - you being able to draft another successful team.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's a 12 team league, 18 man roster. And it was two years work to get all that. Mailed it in big time and went for it last year. And I have no picks this year so I won't be drafting a competitive team unless I strike gold

I love Simmonds in our format. Hate to lose him. i think he's the premier player for cat coverage next to OV. Am I out to lunch?

Dobber Sports Giant

Bishop, Letang, Wheeler

Josi and Lundqvist are on the bubble, but I prefer Letang's multi-cat ability. If you fear the injuries, switch with Josi or if you think that more than 12 goalies will be kept, keep Lundy instead.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Cooley, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by FutureChamp View Post
    It's a 12 team league, 18 man roster. And it was two years work to get all that. Mailed it in big time and went for it last year. And I have no picks this year so I won't be drafting a competitive team unless I strike gold

I love Simmonds in our format
    . Hate to lose him. i think he's the premier player for cat coverage next to OV. Am I out to lunch?
    He was the first guy from your list I would have kept given that you count PPP, hits and PIM. Simmonds is a beast. Keep Bishop too and then decide between a dman (Josi) or another forward (Wheeler). I'd lean towards Josi based on his youth, power play points and how Wheeler just had his absolute best year at age 29.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Josi, Letang, Simmonds and Bishop are my four. Flip some coins as to who you cut.

You need to keep a goalie, and there's no way I'm letting Simmonds go.
    Personally I would keep Josi, but the smart money is on Letang.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd hate to lose Josi and Letang but being as you need to keep a goalie and already have Karlsson, I would keep Bishop, Simmonds and Wheeler. Wingers are always a nice keeper with so many C eligible players available.

This option pops up a lot but could you maneuver Bishop + Josi/Letang to upgrade your goaltending? I'd just do my due diligence to see if someone is struggling keeper wise but has a better tendy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bishop, Letang and Wheeler for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."