Thread: CBJ vs BUF d-men?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default CBJ vs BUF d-men?

In a full keeper 14-team H2H pool where practically every offensive category counts (PIM are suppressed), trying to fill out my blueline's back end.

My current d-man lineup is Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Boychuk, Kronwall, J.Johnson, Bogosian.

Looking to drop one of JJ or Bogo. JJ is 29, Bogo is 26.

Does JJ bounce back to more of his career norm years in CBJ this season? With Seth Jones there, I'm having doubts. But can he be #2 Offensive d-man there again behind Jones? Savard and Murray are in the mix there, too.

With Risto's breakout as The Man in BUF last year, who takes that role as 2nd best offensive d-man there? Newly-acquired Kulikov? Bogo? The youngster McCabe? Franson? Bogo had a real nice 2nd half last year offensively.

There are also some interesting multi-cat d-men hanging on the wire, too. Schlemko. Gudas. Liles. Franson. Kulikov. Bieksa. Would any of them be more attractive than JJ or Bogo?

Thanks for any input...
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

The Great One

Default Re: CBJ vs BUF d-men?

what are the scoring categories? Gudas stands out if it is a multi cat league with PIMs

TBH Johnson's value isn't getting any lower so may be worth keeping until the season starts to see if any value at all still remains
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Drop Bogosian for Gudas. Gudas is the perfect depth D in roto leagues. He almost wins you the hit category weekly.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Titan

Depending on how valuable Gudas is, he would be worth it. Bogosian is definitely at the top of my list though. Way ahead of Johnson.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

top of the list to drop?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Star

If hits, blocks, PIM are scoring categories, Radko Gudas is your man for sure. Tough to know how Bogosian shakes out in Buffalo as there's been a ton of blueline change there.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Werenski might be the biggest threat to Jack Johnson's bounce back. He's the real deal and should play in the NHL next season. JJ might actually be traded if he has any trade value left. Might be that the Blue Jackets are also waiting for the season to start to show that he can still play before shopping him. Werenski-Jones and Murray-Savard is their long-term top-4 I think. Werenski doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft, so they can protect the other three.