Thread: Radulov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Radulov

OK so I'm pretty new at this whole salary cap league thing. This is a roto league, 30 teams. I took over a team with a few good pieces, where it looked like the owner may have sacrificed some of his draft picks to take a run at competing, but gave up the team before he finished. One of my first moves last season when I took over was to pick up Radulov. he was just sitting there among the FAs and I needed forward depth bad. I thought it was possible he could take another run at the NHL, and had the room on my bench, so why not?

Anyways, here I am with a brand spankin new top-6 forward that fell into my lap out of the sky. And I am considering moving him. What would you people out there in similar leagues pay for a guy like Radulov today?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Radulov

That's tough. I'd almost be inclined to hold (if cap allows it) and wait for a hot streak and sell high. Right now, I don't know who'd be fully convinced he can repeat KHL success this season in the NHL
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Speculation is anywhere from 55-80 points so I think he's a hold until teams can get a feel for him as I'm not sure you can extract full value right now. Risky? Yes but I think that comtract and the moves Montreal has made mitigates it - he needs to be a success for them

Dobber Sports Genius

I think you'd be hard pressed to get great value since he's such a risky proposition, Lucafen4 probably has the best idea and that's to wait for a hot streak and then deal him. That said if people are getting hyped up and asking if you could net a safer guy that's in the +-70 point range I'd pull the trigger (maybe a Duchene type that somone has soured on)..
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Don't offer anything until a hot streak. If they come to you with a good offer, take it. Just don't look desperate and you'll be fine to hold for a good offer.
    League 1: 12 teams (drafted 10th) - Standard public Yahoo league - G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG - W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Padawan

lol hi sulla, I think we're in the same league haha
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Personally I'm selling now as a 70 point player. If I can get that kind of return, I am cashing out. Worst case I lose 10-15 points, best case I just gained 60.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Id sell him as a sixty point guy if I could get a taker.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm splitting the difference and aiming to sell him as a 65 point guy (25-35ish), and if nobody will bite at a deal as such, than wait it out until he gets hot and sell high. 5.75 mill on the cap is also very reasonable as he should post 200+ shots and 80+ PIMS. All these totals assuming he lasts a full season and doesn't get injured (or straight up benched by MT, because we all know he's a genius coach and always makes the right decisions*).

* Yes, that was sarcasm so save the hate messages.

The Great One

I think you're right Hoopo!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jml238 View Post
    I'm splitting the difference and aiming to sell him as a 65 point guy (25-35ish), and if nobody will bite at a deal as such, than wait it out until he gets hot and sell high. 5.75 mill on the cap is also very reasonable as he should post 200+ shots and 80+ PIMS. All these totals assuming he lasts a full season and doesn't get injured (or straight up benched by MT, because we all know he's a genius coach and always makes the right decisions*).

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he's this season's Alex Semin for the Habs. This is really not where I saw Radulov ending up. Between this and the exiling of P.K. Subban I'm really not sure what Montreal is up to. Especially considering the Andrew Shaw acquisition that I liked. Of course I'm on of 3 Lars Eller fans out there as well and didn't really like to see him get moved.

To me if Radulov is around all season and hits 50 points I'll be pleasantly surprised.

* Yes, that was sarcasm so save the hate messages.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he's this season's Alex Semin for the Habs. This is really not where I saw Radulov ending up. Between this and the exiling of P.K. Subban I'm really not sure what Montreal is up to. Especially considering the Andrew Shaw acquisition that I liked. Of course I'm on of 3 Lars Eller fans out there as well and didn't really like to see him get moved.

To me if Radulov is around all season and hits 50 points I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Dobber Sports Superstar

If Radulov sticks around all season then he will get 55 points. Mtl is going to play him.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by AngelicAssassin0 View Post

Tbh one big difference between this and the Semin deal - Subban got moved and the Habs just missed the play offs -if this deal doesn't work it will cost some guys their jobs hence I'm more optimistic than pessimistic right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.