Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [IMAGINED] - NSH trades Weber and the 17th pick to EDM for Hall and 4th overall

Dobber Sports Titan

Default [IMAGINED] - NSH trades Weber and the 17th pick to EDM for Hall and 4th overall

Haven't had too much time to analyze this, but thought it created an interesting discussion anyways. Forward heavy EDM and D heavy NSH can help eachother out with some needs. EDM gets the captain they need to anchor the blueline, and helps bring the team together. Hall isn't hugely missed, and dropping to 17th isn't a huge price to pay, especially when they can probably still draft a top 6-7D in the draft in that slot. Nsh won't hugely miss Weber with Ekholm stepping up as the most underrated D in the league, and this gives them two great scoring lines to roll with their bottom 6. Grabbing Tkachuk is then the cherry on top.
    Salary wise, EDM takes a little extra, but once they start winning, it's a worthwhile price. As a budget team, Nashville is happy to part with Weber's contract.
    What do the masses think?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: [IMAGINED] - NSH trades Weber and the 17th pick to EDM for Hall and 4th overall

I wouldn't give Hall for Weber straight up. Weber has been on the bad side of regression since Sochi and his contract is disgusting.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: [IMAGINED] - NSH trades Weber and the 17th pick to EDM for Hall and 4th overall

I don't really understand how everybody is claiming Weber is regressing? Sure numbers aren't the be all and end all to a player's game but from I watched of him, he is still elite (admittedly don't see too many Nashville games). But over the last three seasons:

GP - 79, 78, 78
    G - 23, 15, 20
    A - 33, 30, 31
    Pts - 56, 45, 51
    +/- - -2, 15, -7
    Shots - 195, 237, 189
    ATOI - 25:54, 26:22, 25:22
    Hits - 169, 166, 169
    Blks - 173, 147, 160
    Takeaways - 35, 23, 19
    Giveaways - 50, 53, 39

Like I said, they don't paint the whole picture but that looks like pretty consistent play to me.

That being said, it may be a bit much for EDM to give up. NSH would probably just take a defenceman anyways.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I don't really understand how everybody is claiming Weber is regressing? Sure numbers aren't the be all and end all to a player's game but from I watched of him, he is still elite (admittedly don't see too many Nashville games). But over the last three seasons:

GP - 79, 78, 78
    G - 23, 15, 20
    A - 33, 30, 31
    Pts - 56, 45, 51
    +/- - -2, 15, -7
    Shots - 195, 237, 189
    ATOI - 25:54, 26:22, 25:22
    Hits - 169, 166, 169
    Blks - 173, 147, 160
    Takeaways - 35, 23, 19
    Giveaways - 50, 53, 39

Like I said, they don't paint the whole picture but that looks like pretty consistent play to me.

That being said, it may be a bit much for EDM to give up. NSH would probably just take a defenceman anyways.
    You're looking at fantasy stats. Look at his "advanced stats", the Preds are being outshot/outchanced when he's on the ice.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/F92...play_count=yes
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah Josi definitely drives the NSH defense train now. If I am NSH I would do it (but then there would be a big hole in their top 4 d they would have to fill), if I am EDM I would not as, like yougo has noted, his play has been slipping of late (especially since Suter left) and he still has like 10 years on his contract to boot.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Novice

This would be a very interesting scenario. It would make sense from NSH bc they are ridiculously deep on D (I too believe Ekholm is grossly underrated and will be a household name for years). However NSH already reached out of their pool with the Johansen pickup which hasn't exactly been a slam dunk but hasn't been a pure failure. If I'm EDM i love the idea behind it they need that brick-shithouse #1 Dman but at age 30 and the price alone could make me hesitant.

It could pay off big-time tho for EDM. Not to compare the situation to other teams but when the Flyers made the move for Pronger (at age 35 i believe), it instantly made us a contender. He changed the team big-time and was a rock that 2010 playoff run and what seemed to be years to come. With Weber at age 30 I could totally see this as a similar situation even if ppl believe Weber is regressing.

A PP1 unit of Eberle-McJesus-Draistl-Weber-Anybody?? Yikes.

Also as a Flyers fan, I still water at the mouth of the idea of weber as a flyer ohhh what could've been (Srry NSH for making you pay that monster deal but it had to be done).
    Dynasty Keeper League G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG W,Svs,SO,GAA,Save%

F: Zetterberg, H Sedin, Wheeler, Landeskog, Schiefele, Nyquist, Marleau, VanReimsdyk*, Lucic, Komarov, Lee, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Rakell, Lindholm, Nylander, Zacha, Pulkinnen
    D: Weber, OEL, Hedman, Markov, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, M. Jones, Elliott*, Smith*, Domingue, Reimer, Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If I'm Edmonton, I'm VERY much interested in that, but I'm pushing to move RNH or Eberle before Hall. Hall stands to improve substantially with growing chemistry between Leo and maybe even McD. I don't hate the deal but I hate the idea of moving Hall at all.

Dobber Sports Titan

I can understand where people think this deal is a little steep from the EDM side, and I could probably agree with that. Just the NSH fan in me wanting the slightly better deal on that side.
    That having been said, I do still really like these two teams as trading partners with a D for a F. EDM missed out on Jones, and I think they would make sure they didn't miss out on another NSH D. They could definitely get creative with something along those lines.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Doesn't weber have a NMC? and didn't NSH already pay a shit load of money since it was a front loaded offer sheet contract? i don't see why they would move weber, nashville is trying to win the cup, weber gives them a much better chance of doing that than hall.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think if Edmonton is going to move Hall, they would be asking for Josi, not Weber.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Im right there with ya Eskimo. It makes too much sense for these 2 not to make a deal.
    Dynasty Keeper League G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG W,Svs,SO,GAA,Save%

F: Zetterberg, H Sedin, Wheeler, Landeskog, Schiefele, Nyquist, Marleau, VanReimsdyk*, Lucic, Komarov, Lee, Forsberg, Galchenyuk, Rakell, Lindholm, Nylander, Zacha, Pulkinnen
    D: Weber, OEL, Hedman, Markov, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, M. Jones, Elliott*, Smith*, Domingue, Reimer, Lack

Dobber Sports Pro

I see the Oilers doing this deal only if Benning becomes their GM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    If I'm Edmonton, I'm VERY much interested in that, but I'm pushing to move RNH or Eberle before Hall.
    If I'm Nashville, I'm VERY much interested in that, but I'm pushing to move Ekholm or Ellis before Weber.

If someone is going to pry out Weber, after Nashville has already traded Jones, it is not going to be done with secondary pieces. In this case it is Hall, not RNH or Eberle.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the Oilers would be interested in Ellis, but not for Hall.

I think the Preds would love to have a 2C like RNH behind RyJo. Instant upgrade compared to Ribiero.

Considering they offered RNH for Jones, I dont think they'd do him for Ellis straight up. A slight drop in value when comparing Jones to Ellis.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think the Oilers would be interested in Ellis, but not for Hall.

I think the Preds would love to have a 2C like RNH behind RyJo. Instant upgrade compared to Ribiero.

Considering they offered RNH for Jones, I dont think they'd do him for Ellis straight up. A slight drop in value when comparing Jones to Ellis.
    Ellis/Ekholm would be nice pieces to add and probably makes more sense.

But doe either fulfill the role their desperately looking for on that Edmonton Blue line? When it comes to trading with Nash... I think it's go big or go home for both these teams. (I also agree... for hall... I want Josi)