Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    What are you celebrating?

I don't get why half of you guys are gloating because Big Ev was wrong. What makes you so smart? It's very easy to say "no" when someone predicts something that the odds say won't happen. Please don't feel proud or satisfied about it, because you don't deserve a ribbon for anything either.
    What are you going on about? Someone gave some idiotic statement that people should apologize to bigev if Stone gets like 67 points. I questioned that statement. Why would someone apologize to someone for being wrong. It's moronic. I'm not asking for a ribbon for anything. Stop making stupid stuff up to try and act like an internet tough guy (or girl - we're gender neutral at dobberhockey I believe)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Both true. Completely 100% true and I agree. But that doesn't mean that this:

Is true either.
    I’ll tip my hat to him if Stone finishes at 66pts+*****
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    What are you going on about? Someone gave some idiotic statement that people should apologize to bigev if Stone gets like 67 points. I questioned that statement. Why would someone apologize to someone for being wrong. It's moronic. I'm not asking for a ribbon for anything. Stop making stupid stuff up to try and act like an internet tough guy (or girl - we're gender neutral at dobberhockey I believe)
    I'm not trying to act like an "internet tough guy", sorry if it came across that way.

The only idiotic statement was yours. Read it out loud, and tell me it doesn't make you sound like an idiot.

The reason that someone said people should apologize to BigEv if Stone gets 67 points is because of the 30 pages of bullshit on this thread making it sound like he was so stupid for even thinking 70 was possible. (67 is a pretty close number to 70).

I don't expect you to understand anything that requires mature thought, though. It's clear that you don't possess that based on any posts I've read by you. Why don't you call up from the basement and ask mommy if lunch is ready? I'm done replying to you on this thread.

Banned

I never implied that if that's what you are thinking.
    Oh I see what you mean now. No worries.

I don't need apologies lol

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not trying to act like an "internet tough guy", sorry if it came across that way.

The only idiotic statement was yours. Read it out loud, and tell me it doesn't make you sound like an idiot.

The reason that someone said people should apologize to BigEv if Stone gets 67 points is because of the 30 pages of bullshit on this thread making it sound like he was so stupid for even thinking 70 was possible. (67 is a pretty close number to 70).

I don't expect you to understand anything that requires mature thought, though. It's clear that you don't possess that based on any posts I've read by you. Why don't you call up from the basement and ask mommy if lunch is ready? I'm done replying to you on this thread.
    You still don't have the slightest clue what you're going on about. I don't live with my mom. I live with yours. She made me sandwiches and they were delicious. Not as good as what I got from her previously, but still quite good. There. Now we've gone as far down the silly little internet talk as we can and can move past it all yes?

You have yet to explain why anyone should apologize to bigev for being wrong. If stone gets 67 points he's wrong. Flat, dead, wrong. Sure, there are reasons for it that are great little excuses but it doesn't negate the fact that he's totally wrong. So tell me why I should apologize for that?

If you're saying people should apologize to him because they were meanies and hurt his feelings then go right ahead down that road. I won't stop you. But to claim that if Stone scores a few more points, and yet still fails to hit 70 points, that suddenly people should apologize? Well that's just a dumb statement that makes no sense

Dobber Sports Titan

You still don't have the slightest clue what you're going on about. I don't live with my mom. I live with yours. She made me sandwiches and they were delicious. Not as good as what I got from her previously, but still quite good. There. Now we've gone as far down the silly little internet talk as we can and can move past it all yes?

You have yet to explain why anyone should apologize to bigev for being wrong. If stone gets 67 points he's wrong. Flat, dead, wrong. Sure, there are reasons for it that are great little excuses but it doesn't negate the fact that he's totally wrong. So tell me why I should apologize for that?

If you're saying people should apologize to him because they were meanies and hurt his feelings then go right ahead down that road. I won't stop you. But to claim that if Stone scores a few more points, and yet still fails to hit 70 points, that suddenly people should apologize? Well that's just a dumb statement that makes no sense
    Why would you apologize, or saying anything. As far as I can tell you have no horse in this race. I don’t think any of your 85 posts had a prediction on Stone.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

If you're saying people should apologize to him because they were meanies and hurt his feelings then go right ahead down that road. I won't stop you.
    That's exactly what I'm saying, although I'd use different words. Glad we could come to an agreement. Have a good one kiddo.

The Great One

Much of the consternation BigEv faces even now in this thread is due to his tone, his willingness to see things only the way he wanted to see them, and his dismissing of any viewpoint not completely aligned with his own. Had he made a prediction, stuck by it, argued with reason, logic, and respect, then many of us wouldn't have been almost rooting for it not to happen, just to see BigEv have to be hoisted by his own petard (thank you 11th grade English for that one).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Much of the consternation BigEv faces even now in this thread is due to his tone, his willingness to see things only the way he wanted to see them, and his dismissing of any viewpoint not completely aligned with his own. Had he made a prediction, stuck by it, argued with reason, logic, and respect, then many of us wouldn't have been almost rooting for it not to happen, just to see BigEv have to be hoisted by his own petard (thank you 11th grade English for that one).
    I'll certainly concede to these points. At the end of the day though I don't even see why the prediction warranted so much discussion. If anyone else made it then half of the people on this thread wouldn't have even commented. Stone was a few bounces away from 70 last season. It's not outlandish at all to have expected him to build upon that this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's exactly what I'm saying, although I'd use different words. Glad we could come to an agreement. Have a good one kiddo.
    Excellent! Great chat pops!

Banned

I did argue with reason logic and respect. You chose to shoot down every argument I made. I was clearly in the right and my knowledge really shined through here. It's a complete lie that I was not showing respect or have civil arguments. I was vehemently against your opinion because I knew it was formed with a lack of kwloedge about the player and a misconstruction of facts.

Never once did I shoot down anybody for disagreeing. It was the reasoning that I argued. Your reasoning was very poor in my mind. I used facts in all my arguments combined with my expert opinion.

I told people not to sleep on stone and they rewarded with a great player. Yet some people like you probably would have chosen losers like drouin and nichuskin over him

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I did argue with reason logic and respect. You chose to shoot down every argument I made. I was clearly in the right and my knowledge really shined through here. It's a complete lie that I was not showing respect or have civil arguments. I was vehemently against your opinion because I knew it was formed with a lack of kwloedge about the player and a misconstruction of facts.

Never once did I shoot down anybody for disagreeing. It was the reasoning that I argued. Your reasoning was very poor in my mind. I used facts in all my arguments combined with my expert opinion.

I told people not to sleep on stone and they rewarded with a great player. Yet some people like you probably would have chosen losers like drouin and nichuskin over him
    Nah, you were just wrong.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I was clearly in the right and my knowledge really shined through here.
    and a prime example of it.

I didnt follow this thread as closely as some so I wont speak on the exact arguments, but I always root against arrogance.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Master

Just so I'm clear, we are now arguing about arguing? #toometaforme
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Don't mind me. Just making a quiet contribution to the effort of extending this thread to an improbable 30th page.