Thread: Fantasy Hockey Geek for Baseball?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Fantasy Hockey Geek for Baseball?

Does anyone know of a site that helps pre-rank players to fit your league setup? Even if it's just for the categories and not the weights.

I have just joined in a one year league with some co-workers and the setup is a bit different; just as many pitching cats as hitting cats which is a bit weird. It's a yahoo pool with the following categories:

Batters Stat Categories:

Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories:

Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
    It would appear that I should be bumping pitchers up my pre-draft rankings as they are obviously just as important, if not more important.

Either way, does anyone know of a site that helps pre-rank players to match your league setup?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Geek for Baseball?

Someone told me about Baseball Monster, which I've looked at a bit and seems to work fairly well.

Click on settings, customise your details (roster on left, categories in middle/right) and save. Then go to rankings and run them, either total or by hitters/pitchers only. You can also export to Excel.

Though I'm not sure if you need to register to input custom projections. I've just based in on historical data to get a sense on where players fit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Good stuff. I've given it the quick once over and put my info in. It's too bad it didn't do projections but this gives me something to go on as far as seeing where they feel pitchers vs batters would have ended up last year with this type of league setup.

Many thanks.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Good stuff. I've given it the quick once over and put my info in. It's too bad it didn't do projections but this gives me something to go on as far as seeing where they feel pitchers vs batters would have ended up last year with this type of league setup.

Many thanks.
    No problem.

Dobber Sports Stud

look into Razzball War room.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Cool. I will do that. I am not a fantasy baseball guru by any means. I watch the Jays but dont pay much attention to the NL. Hell, I just found out this type of setup is actually a normal setup for fantasy baseball called 5 x 5 LOL! Research is a wonderful thing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Axeman, you may want to check Fantasy Pros as well, its similar to Baseball Monster although it has projections for this year. Of course you get many more options upgrading services, but it's a good starting point. Hopefully the link (http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/e...on=Y&sport=mlb)works for you and sends you to the correct page.

Cheers
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    Sal:$1000
    PPG,PPA,G,A,PTS,SOG,PIM,+/-,GAA,S,S%,W
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    D-Theodore(20)TSmith(20)Hronek(38)Giordano(82)Lundkv ist(1)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    R-MAF(20)Meier(29)Backstrom(1)Krebs(1)Radulov(75)Per unovich(1)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    Sal:$300
    A5 G5 DG5 GWG10 PIM1 PPP5 SHOG5 SOG1
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    C-Barkov(65)Kuznetsov(15)Petterssen(8)
    LW-Ehlers(27)Panarin(27)Raymond(1)
    RW-Konecny(9)Hoffman(14)Kempe(1)
    D-Werenski(17)Klinger(46)Girard(8)TSmith(1)Yandle(22 )
    G-Saros(6)
    R-Turcotte(1)Holtz(1)Bean(1)Norris(5)Comtois(5)Roman ov(5)Addison(1)WEklund(1)

Dobber Sports Initiate

You can do something like this as well on Fangraphs. It's a great site.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up