Thread: Marner offer

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Marner offer

I love this kid.... but, my gut is telling me I gotta pass..

it's in the early talk phase, but his ask is Klingberg & Bishop for Marner, Elliott +

I just had a monstrous week (400pts in the league in sig - previous high was 247) I'm 2nd in pts for this season...

I hate the idea of giving up so much roster value.

I just traded Lehner for a prospect (Allen is coming back - so would have been a drop) Elliott would give me the Stl. handcuffs.

I was thinking of asking for Hedman back

Kling is an upgrade over Hedman for him and Bishop solidifies his G, I get weaker in D and G and add massive value in 2yrs...

Thinking I need to pass?? thoughts... ideas? I can include other players from his roster of interest as well...

EDIT: I am aware this offer is on the table from another GM: Wheeler, Neal and Bjorkstrand for Marner and Hamonic
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I...am your father.

Default Re: Marner offer

That's ridiculous. Marner is years away, I would barely have drafted him last summer. While everyone was trying to scoop him in the Top 5, I would have maybe considered him in the third round of a four-round draft in a full keeper league. Honestly, at best he could join the NHL next year and do what Domi is doing. Which isn't great, come on. Is 58 points 'great' in a first year? In all likelihood you're talking about a player who may get to 70 points in 2017-18 and for that they want a Top 5 defenseman and a Top 5 or 6 goalie?
    On your behalf, I'm working myself into a frenzy here lol

Terrible, insulting offer. Even if he added Hedman.

Who is the GM with Marner delaying getting Wheeler for him? Man, what kind of league is this? Yeah, Anthony Mantha was a junior star too. What if someone gave up Wheeler or Klingberg two years ago to get him?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Jedi

I declined... he got Wheeler, Neal and Bjorkstrand for Marner and Hamonic...

That owner also made a splash going after Connor, he's on a tear to grab high end prospects. I would think Wheeler for Marner straight up would have done it..

Oh well... Good for them... I'm still on the hunt for Crosby. Glad I passed on that value (could still get vetoed)

The Great One

Wheeler deal is ok. That first deal was gross- put that guy in your spam folder...

Dobber Sports Master

I'm a pretty big fan of Marner, but he is still a gamble. I would not even touch that trade. Bishop for Elliot and Marner is where I'm at. That is a fair deal for both sides. If you are 2nd in the league, you have no business trading away fantasy points for prospects. Your team has a chance to win the league b/c of having fantasy points, not because of prospects.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wasn't willing to beat the Wheeler deal, he accepted that one... but See Stamkos in one door out the other post for the deal I did just make with same owner