View Poll Results: Drouin or Draisaitl...who is the better Fantasy Keeper?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draisaitl

31 63.27%
  • Drouin

18 36.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Draisaitl vs Drouin... Who's the better asset/keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Draisaitl vs Drouin... Who's the better asset/keeper

I guess it all comes down to your team and what players you have on your roster dictate which remain as keepers. On my team he's not a keeper and either was yak any longer. I look for players that make players better around them not depend on them for offence like Yak because over the longer term those are the elite and the others fall off because they can't generate their own offence.

My 8 forward keepers:
    C - Crosby, Tavares, McDavid,
    LW - Benn, Kuznetsov
    RW - Mackinnon, Draisaitl, Nichushkin

Drouin is not a first line player and he will not get first powerplay minutes with Johnson, Palat, and Kucherov in town.

He will not get any supporting cast with Stamkos leaving to Toronto next year.

Draisaitl is going to be the next Malkin where he scores over 90+.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kiboshed View Post
    Drouin is not a first line player and he will not get first powerplay minutes with Johnson, Palat, and Kucherov in town.

He will not get any supporting cast with Stamkos leaving to Toronto next year.

Draisaitl is going to be the next Malkin where he scores over 90+.

Well, hell, where were you when I drafted Drouin? I really could have used that insight back then! LOL

RETIRED

Drouin injured yet again! What's this his 4th or 5th injury this season alone? Brutal! Band-aid boi!

Banned

I have zero problem with somebody stashing drouin if they can. I just think it's a poor decision to want to keep him over a guy like Draisaitl who we are seeing fulfill his upside and then some. Drouin would be like choosing the mystery box over the boat. Does draisaitl have more points this year than drouins career totals?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Drouin injured yet again! What's this his 4th or 5th injury this season alone? Brutal! Band-aid boi!
    The whole Lightning team can't stay healthy this year

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Kinda hard to compare these two with Drouin always missing time licking his wounds. Unfortunate.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Kinda hard to compare these two with Drouin always missing time licking his wounds. Unfortunate.
    And playing on the 3rd line and at times 2nd PP for 14 mins/game....similar story to Galchenyuk, TB, like Montreal, has to finally decide if they want Drouin to succeed and if they are committed to helping him do so. If so, they need to give him the opportunity on the 1st line and 1st PP with the best talent and certainly give him more than 14 mins/game. If not, they might as well trade him as they'll get exactly what they deserve to get: not much. Drouin is not a grinder or bottom 6 player - he needs to play with elite talent just like Stamkos does. That is why they would be perfect together: they need each other to succeed. TB may have already decided to let Stamkos walk, but it is laughable to hear Cooper talk at pressers about how Stamkos is struggling...well, what did you expect if you continue paying Killorn, Callahan and other lesser talents with him? Hello?

Montreal finally committed to Galchenyuk's development this season and, while there have been hiccups like there would be for any player developing, the results have been positive and Galchenyuk is becoming a more complete contributor. His confidence is growing and his natural talent is starting to show more consistently. Good for them, one reason they are a top team again this year.
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Front89 View Post
    And playing on the 3rd line and at times 2nd PP for 14 mins/game....similar story to Galchenyuk, TB, like Montreal, has to finally decide if they want Drouin to succeed and if they are committed to helping him do so. If so, they need to give him the opportunity on the 1st line and 1st PP with the best talent and certainly give him more than 14 mins/game. If not, they might as well trade him as they'll get exactly what they deserve to get: not much. Drouin is not a grinder or bottom 6 player - he needs to play with elite talent just like Stamkos does. That is why they would be perfect together: they need each other to succeed. TB may have already decided to let Stamkos walk, but it is laughable to hear Cooper talk at pressers about how Stamkos is struggling...well, what did you expect if you continue paying Killorn, Callahan and other lesser talents with him? Hello?

Montreal finally committed to Galchenyuk's development this season and, while there have been hiccups like there would be for any player developing, the results have been positive and Galchenyuk is becoming a more complete contributor. His confidence is growing and his natural talent is starting to show more consistently. Good for them, one reason they are a top team again this year.
    If stamkos wants max money he should be able to produce with mostly anybody. Look at Kane in Chicago, he's playing with A rookie and a second line third line tweener centre. I don't see how he would suddenly start killing it with drouin a player who has shown nothing so far.

as for galchenyuk not sure that is the greatest example as he hasn't been that great IMO. I think its a good example of a player not doing that much better with more opportunity to be honest.

Dobber Sports Genius

Definitely agree about the limited minutes Drouin is getting. With a prospect like that, giving him top minutes to succeed can't hurt. Just look at the success young guys like Forsberg and Guadreau have had

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    If stamkos wants max money he should be able to produce with mostly anybody. Look at Kane in Chicago, he's playing with A rookie and a second line third line tweener centre. I don't see how he would suddenly start killing it with drouin a player who has shown nothing so far.

as for galchenyuk not sure that is the greatest example as he hasn't been that great IMO. I think its a good example of a player not doing that much better with more opportunity to be honest.
    I wouldn't dismiss Panarin as a "rookie", even though he is an NHL rookie. He's 24.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think a lot of people on these boards saw TB draft Drouin and had visions of Drouin being the Second Coming of Martin St Louis. But with the Golden Boy status handed out at the start of his career, rather than the MSL career path of having to earn it.

A few years into his career, we're still waiting for MSL v2.0 to arrive. Injuries and lack of a complete two-way game seem to have stalled his career a bit. Being on a contender limits his upside too as no coach is going to let a risky young player screw around.

I don't doubt the skill set, but like many others here, I don't think we'll see the upside we all thought was there. At least not on this TB team.

Truth be told, I'm starting to wonder if Drouin will go down as another Quebec junior forward whose pedigree outshines his career.

So, to sum up, I'd be holding onto Draisaitl too.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Done. seems the majority of posts sync up with the poll with Draisaitl taking down Drouin 28-17. I really thought this would be closer, the thread has revealed quite polarizing views on each and in the compare.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Done. seems the majority of posts sync up with the poll with Draisaitl taking down Drouin 28-17. I really thought this would be closer, the thread has revealed quite polarizing views on each and in the compare.
    It's hard to argue with the "Bird in the hand..." theory. Draisaitl is earning dividends for his owners now and Drouin isn't, for whatever reason.

RETIRED