Thread: Predicting new contracts for a few players coming off ELCs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Predicting new contracts for a few players coming off ELCs

Mark Scheifele
    Ryan Strome
    Alex Barkov

I'm in a keeper cap league so was just starting to think towards next year. Any guesses on where these guys might, safe to say Strome gets the cheapest contract?
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Predicting new contracts for a few players coming off ELCs

Scheifele: 2yrs @ $4.5m or 6yrs @ $5m (not sure whether WPG will go short or long with him)
    R.Strome: 2yrs @ $3.2m
    Barkov: 6yrs @ $5m (longer deal)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Scheifele: 2yrs @ $4.5m or 6yrs @ $5m (not sure whether WPG will go short or long with him)
    R.Strome: 2yrs @ $3.2m
    Barkov: 6yrs @ $5m (longer deal)
    That's pretty well where I am at although my guess is Barkov comes closer to $6M annually. Something comparable to the Nuge contract.

Strome will almost certainly go bridge contract after whiffing on a breakout this season.

I fear the Jets will drop out of the playoff race and move on from Byfuglien but retain Ladd. Removing Byfuglien means the Jets can afford a longer deal with Scheifele so probably closer to that 5-6 year 5-6M annually.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

If the Jets are smart, they'll do their best to lock Scheifele up for a while. Few players work harder than he does at getting better. He's a safe investment. I could see them trying to go 5+ years.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Totally agree with the Strome assessment but that could change by seasons end.

WPG should really lock up Scheifele. The only reason maybe they wouldn't is he kind of has to be their best player by the time the rest of their guys finish up their contracts or they're going to want to get paid like him as well. I'll guess 6yrs 5.4mil AAV. Could also go the direction of 2yrs ~4.2mil AAV though.

Maybe it's because Florida is such a small market but I haven't really heard as much about Barkov as I have Scheifele so I don't think they'll have to pay him as much. 3yrs 3.9mil AAV (the toughest of the 3 to guess right now for me).
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year