Thread: Marlins hire Barry Bonds as new hitting coach

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Marlins hire Barry Bonds as new hitting coach

Well well well....

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaytonHol...7332299776?p=v

The Florida Marlins announced Barry Bonds as their new hitting coach. Look forward to watching Giancarlo Stanton's head triple in size.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Marlins hire Barry Bonds as new hitting coach

Kind of a controversial move since Barry's history but I like it. Was always a big fan of Bonds and glad to see him back in the game in some shape or form. He was the reason I started watching baseball. Hope it works out because steroids aside he is one of the smartest hitters ever.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Kind of a controversial move since Barry's history but I like it. Was always a big fan of Bonds and glad to see him back in the game in some shape or form. He was the reason I started watching baseball. Hope it works out because steroids aside he is one of the smartest hitters ever.
    If I am not mistaken, he has never admitted taking steroids and it's never been proved that he did. Innocent until proven guilty.

Steroids or not, he was still a great hitter. All the steroids in the world don't help you put the bat on the ball.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, he has never admitted taking steroids and it's never been proved that he did. Innocent until proven guilty.

Steroids or not, he was still a great hitter. All the steroids in the world don't help you put the bat on the ball.
    http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/B...-begins-032111
    "Barry Bonds admits using steroids during his baseball career, his lawyer told a jury Tuesday."

You're right steroids don't help you hit the ball but they do help you hit the ball harder and give you more power.

Dobber Sports Deity

"Barry Bonds admits using steroids during his baseball career, his lawyer told a jury Tuesday."

You're right steroids don't help you hit the ball but they do help you hit the ball harder and give you more power.
    Ok, so he admits that he not knowingly took them. You forgot to quote the rest of the opening:

The catch is that Bonds' personal trainer misled him into believing he was taking flax seed oil and arthritis cream.

''I know that doesn't make a great story,'' Allen Ruby said during his opening statement at the home run leader's perjury trial. ''But that's what happened.''
    Personally, I thought Bonds was a better player in Pittsburgh early in his career. He hit for average, power and had much better speed. He was a complete player. You still have to hit it, no matter how hard you swing.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ok, so he admits that he not knowingly took them.

Personally, I thought Bonds was a better player in Pittsburgh early in his career. He hit for average, power and had much better speed. He was a complete player. You still have to hit it, no matter how hard you swing.
    Yeah when he was with Pittsburgh he did everything. Steal bases but knock in the runs. Do you think he will ever get in the Hall of Fame?

Hercules

I’d be curious what he can actually bring to a coaches role. Not the best players can be coaches.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah when he was with Pittsburgh he did everything. Steal bases but knock in the runs. Do you think he will ever get in the Hall of Fame?
    Nope. I doubt any of those "known" steroid types (Palmeiro, McGwire, etc) get in.

Dobber Sports Master

At very least he should be able to, ahem, inject some potency into the line-up...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Padawan

no they don't. Steroids allow you to increase work capacity and ability to recover from training faster.

Banned

he was also going to be a HOFer before roids so there's that

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Barry can still be a DH in the AL.. HaHaHaHaHa!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..