Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Veto controversy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Veto controversy

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Prove it.

Why play with people you assume are trying to cheat? Is that even fun? If there's collusion, kick them out. If there's too many to kick out, quit. Seems easier to me than trying to police trades and being paranoid about collusion, but that's just me.
    Prove that the owners are not colluding. Goes both ways.

And to your second argument, this seems to be the most referenced argument by the anti-veto crowd. "if you think they're cheating, quit".
    You must know how ridiculous this is. You know it's not that easy.
    If we're in the middle of a season and we find out that one or more of the managers are cheaters (or idiots), it's not as simple as quitting the league or kicking him out. You know that can't be done midseason. We're stuck in this pool for the rest of the year

Let's live in a realistic world for just a moment. Not all of us have the luxery of playing with elite fantasy managers. Not all of us are able to put together pools where friends do not have the potential to collude. The veto option is there so that we can still have fantasy pools without the fear of having the entire league ruined by one stupid trade.

I am lucky enough to be in a highly competitive league where the veto option has never been a factor. But in another fun league, myself and other managers were able to veto this trade last week: Benn+Backstrom+Karlsson+Yandle+Andersen <-> Bozak+MacKinnon+Stralman+Howard+Fisher.

Because of the veto option, the league was not completely ruined. Regardless of whether this was stupidity or collusion (the 'losing manager' has set his lineup twice all year), this trade would have guaranteed that the manager getting Benn and co would win this deep league. And I am happy that I am able to continue playing in this league because we had that option

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    I'll trade you my Luca Sbisa for your Alex Ovechkin?
    I wholeheartedly agree that Luca Sbisa is an appropriate choice of 'worst player I could think of as an example'.
    Y! 8-Team H2H
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%

3C: A.Barkov, S.Bennett, V.Trocheck, W.Karlsson, J.Eriksson Ek, J.McCann, P.Danault, T.Johnson
    3LW: A.Ovechkin, A.Svechnikov, T.Toffoli, V.Arvidsson
    3RW: P.Kane, B.Wheeler, B.Rust
    5D: R.Josi, J.Chychrun, M.Weegar, T.Chabot, R.Dahlin, R.Ristolainen, C.Murphy
    2G: F.Andersen, J.Binnington, C.Peterson
    2IR+: N.Bäckström

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post

I am lucky enough to be in a highly competitive league where the veto option has never been a factor. But in another fun league, myself and other managers were able to veto this trade last week: Benn+Backstrom+Karlsson+Yandle+Andersen <-> Bozak+MacKinnon+Stralman+Howard+Fisher.

Because of the veto option, the league was not completely ruined. Regardless of whether this was stupidity or collusion (the 'losing manager' has set his lineup twice all year), this trade would have guaranteed that the manager getting Benn and co would win this deep league. And I am happy that I am able to continue playing in this league because we had that option
    Thank the lord I am not in one of your leagues...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

As long as the league has it written in the league rules that there is a veto option, and it's clear how it works, then it is what it is. If people don't like veto's then they shouldn't join a league that has that as an option.

People shouldn't need to come here and ask if we think the trade is fair or not. We don't have a vote in it anyway so it's not up to us to determine what is and what isn't fair.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."