Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

(Eff the Ducks - just awful.)
    I guess I should be pleased that I'm in fourth place considering my second and fourth round picks were Getzlaf and Perry.

Dobber Sports Ace

Any way "interested viewers" (like me) can get to see your league scorecard/standings and how it's shaping up?
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    Any way "interested viewers" (like me) can get to see your league scorecard/standings and how it's shaping up?
    Recent standings are a few posts up (my post on the 24th). We'll provide updates periodically.

Thanks for your interest!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Round-By-Round Strategy.

Round 1 (009) & Round 2 (016).
    Always map out your first two picks. Here are mine: 1.OV, 2.Crosby, 3.Tavares, 4.Giroux, 5.Seguin, 6.Benn, 7.Stamkos, 8.Price, 9.Pavelski, 10.Malkin, 11.Byfuglien, 12.Karlsson, 13.N.Backstrom… 14.Getzlaf, 15.Johansen, 16.Subban. I love the top 13. If I’m lucky, people reach for Holtby, Lundqvist, Bishop, and/or Quick and I get two from my top 13. The big risk is that if I let Pavelski (Yahoo #20) slide, I might not get him. He’s a top 10 player in fantasy each of last two seasons and I have him top five with FOW from the LW. Joe Pavelski is gonna be there at #9… and I’m going to feel like I have to take him in front of Malkin & Buff. As a prediction, I’ll say that Temek ends up getting Buff/Backstrom at the 12/13 turn. Buff (my #11) was there at #16, so I took him.

Round 3 (033) & Round 4 (040).

If the fantasy gods truly love me, one of Getzlaf/Johansen will slide all the way here. They likely won’t but I’d still like to get a D-anchor and another wing-eligible center. For D, I’m hoping either Weber/Letang/Burns are here. I have them all as top 21 skaters… and it feels like there is a drop off from the top six (excl. Shatty & Gio). For forwards, I’d love to get Backes (C/RW) or Couture (C/LW), but I’ll settle for the ever-steady Zetterberg (C/LW – Yahoo 36). If those options are all gone, I’ll look to Blake Wheeler (RW – Yahoo 56), who should be there but certainly won’t slide past Temek. MaxPac is another option… but I just hate drafting injured players.

Round 5 (057) & Round 6 (064).

Obv, all of the previously mentioned players (PMP) are desirable… if they slide. Both Doughty & OEL will be on my radar here if they are still here. But the guy that alludes me every year is Alex Steen – who finished ranked as #37 & #32 overall the last two years. He’ll also throw in some token faceoffs. If he’s there at 57, this is the guy I’m taking. In just about every mock draft I did, Andrew Ladd (LW – Yahoo 66) was one of the best value guys I always took. I’m not sure he’ll last past Temek, but he’ll likely slide past everybody else. I’ll take him in round 6… if he’s there. If not, hopefully a PMP. Two guys that I’m more than willing to reach for here: Jeff Carter (Yahoo 112) or Ryan Kesler (Yahoo 113). Both are C/RW and will gain me FOW from the RW. Carter was standard Yahoo ranked at 57 & 64 the last two seasons, so he’s fair value at this point. I will let him & Kesler go (/slide, *fingers crossed*) if a PMP is there.
    My team had one of those AWESOME nights last night.
    3g,5a,8p... vaulting up +11pts to 2nd place... all with only 4 NHL games going.

Four of my top six rounds of picks are looking stealthy right now.

Round 1, Pavelski (09). He's doing it again. He's Yahoo! Rank #16... and that doesn't include his 85 FOW from the RW. Probably a top 8 player per FHG.
    Round 2, Byfuglien (16). Big Buff is currently Yahoo! Rank #17... and that doesn't include his 41 HIT & 13 BLK. I kind of wish the BLK count was higher, but hard to complain.
    Round 3, Letang (33). My one big failure right now with only 5pts, 6 PIM, and middling HIT/BLK... the -5 doesn't help. His edge is lost. Yahoo! #339, not good.
    Round 4, Zetterberg (40). Old man Z is Yahoo! Rank #29... and that doesn't include his 90 FOW from the LW. Another guy that is more like a top 30 if ranked in FHG.
    Round 5, Doughty (57). He's starting to get it going as Yahoo! Rank #97. The 4 PIM & middling HIT/BLK is a bit frustrating... seems like Jake Muzzin and the new grinder kids on the 4th line are doing the heavy lifting in the corners.
    Round 6, Steen (64). The reason I wanted to re-hash my top six. Yahoo! #13 today! Two more goals last night! The guy that always alluded me - nothing feels better than a REACH gone RIGHT! Stay healthy my friend.

My lowest team cat-score right now is PIM... and oh-boy... I love lurking and predicting on PIM.
    I'm 0/3 or 0/4 on the season for spot-starting PIM... giving Chris Neil (OTT) a shot tonight against WPG. Maybe Peluso (who recently tangled with Boll-CBJ) will dance with him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    I follow this thread too... I enjoyed the draft reviews, so useful for my own multi-cat drafts!
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

The Wolverine

My team had one of those AWESOME nights last night.
    3g,5a,8p... vaulting up +11pts to 2nd place... all with only 4 NHL games going.

Four of my top six rounds of picks are looking stealthy right now.

Round 1, Pavelski (09). He's doing it again. He's Yahoo! Rank #16... and that doesn't include his 85 FOW from the RW. Probably a top 8 player per FHG.
    Round 2, Byfuglien (16). Big Buff is currently Yahoo! Rank #17... and that doesn't include his 41 HIT & 13 BLK. I kind of wish the BLK count was higher, but hard to complain.
    Round 3, Letang (33). My one big failure right now with only 5pts, 6 PIM, and middling HIT/BLK... the -5 doesn't help. His edge is lost. Yahoo! #339, not good.
    Round 4, Zetterberg (40). Old man Z is Yahoo! Rank #29... and that doesn't include his 90 FOW from the LW. Another guy that is more like a top 30 if ranked in FHG.
    Round 5, Doughty (57). He's starting to get it going as Yahoo! Rank #97. The 4 PIM & middling HIT/BLK is a bit frustrating... seems like Jake Muzzin and the new grinder kids on the 4th line are doing the heavy lifting in the corners.
    Round 6, Steen (64). The reason I wanted to re-hash my top six. Yahoo! #13 today! Two more goals last night! The guy that always alluded me - nothing feels better than a REACH gone RIGHT! Stay healthy my friend.

My lowest team cat-score right now is PIM... and oh-boy... I love lurking and predicting on PIM.
    I'm 0/3 or 0/4 on the season for spot-starting PIM... giving Chris Neil (OTT) a shot tonight against WPG. Maybe Peluso (who recently tangled with Boll-CBJ) will dance with him.
    Nobody likes a show off.

I've been pretty steady so far, with a few potential over/underachievers balancing out my squad. I'm just waiting for Getzlaf/Perry to take off, and then....look out!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Nobody likes a show off.

I've been pretty steady so far, with a few potential over/underachievers balancing out my squad. I'm just waiting for Getzlaf/Perry to take off, and then....look out!
    I started out horribly but have bounced back to respectability this week. I've had some overachievers (Krecji/Marchand) who are starting to come back to earth. If my early picks in Crosby/Voracek/Forsberg ever get back to where they should be, I feel like I could be pretty competitive going forward. I'm actually surprised I'm middle of the pack since 3 of my first 6 draft picks have completely shit the bed.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

0 for 5.
    This is my humility here... not showing off... but people sometimes don't notice humility.

The Wolverine

0 for 5.
    This is my humility here... not showing off... but people sometimes don't notice humility.
    I applaud you for sticking with your PIM strategy...it's such a crapshoot. Sometimes when you pick up a PIM guy, I wonder: "who will he choose next?"

The Wolverine

Small thing but I do like when you get a good, unexpected, across the board performance from someone.

Tommy Wingels last night:
    1 A, 2 PIM, 4 SOG, 3 FOW, 2 Hits and 4 Blocks.

Also got a -1 and no PPP, but can't be too picky.

The Wolverine

Might as well provide another standings update:

1 Bjoogeymen (Pengwin7) 130.5
    2 Nazem's Lot (temek) 123
    3 Hanzal and Getzel (horrorfan) 113.5
    4 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 111
    5 Barried Alive (4T2) 91
    6 Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 85.5
    7 Halak Ness Monster! (LordoftheRinks) 82
    7 The Boneshifters (Shoeless) 82
    9 Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 76.5
    10 Big Ladd Wolf (dooley89) 75
    11 Let the Right Muzzin (The Bottlenecker) 72
    12 GoalsPerry's Baby (YzermansLegacy) 50

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Might as well provide another standings update:

1 Bjoogeymen (Pengwin7) 130.5
    2 Nazem's Lot (temek) 123
    3 Hanzal and Getzel (horrorfan) 113.5
    4 Natural Born Quiller (The Comish) 111
    5 Barried Alive (4T2) 91
    6 Ogie Ogre-thorpe (Chili Con Carne) 85.5
    7 Halak Ness Monster! (LordoftheRinks) 82
    7 The Boneshifters (Shoeless) 82
    9 Nightmare on Helm St (Nehithaw) 76.5
    10 Big Ladd Wolf (dooley89) 75
    11 Let the Right Muzzin (The Bottlenecker) 72
    12 GoalsPerry's Baby (YzermansLegacy) 50
    I appreciate the update since I expect my 1st place ride to be short-lived.
    I'm well over the GP-pace at skaters... so I'm much more likely in 2nd/3rd.
    Temek's raking a 12-12-12-12 in goalies right now.
    Damn Lundqvist/Raanta/Schneider/M.Jones group. Nice nice group.
    That's so boss to be able to pull that off that he'll just need a slightly above-middling skater group to be in the top three.

I swear... if any of you guys gift him a quality skater I'll curse you a blue streak!

I broke my PIM futility just as we were discussing it... Derek Dorsett baby!!!... 20 PIM this weekend in two games.
    5 PIM on Saturday and then 15 PIM tantrum with Mr.J-22 on Sunday.

Good enough for me to jump back off PIM and go pointcentric with my players for a while!!!

The Wolverine

You never know, you are a good micro-manager and with some luck could maintain good production.

I'm generally pleased with my squad so far, mostly across the board. Obviously a lot can change as I remember around this time last year my team went into free fall. I'm happier with my balance this time so we'll see if I can keep some stability.

S.O.S

send sog and g
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    S.O.S

send sog and g
    I suggest you put this on the league page as more people will see it.