Thread: If you're the MacKinnon owner and willing to trade him...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default If you're the MacKinnon owner and willing to trade him...

Points only. Team and league in sig.

MacKinnon owner needs forwards to replace his injured players (Couture, Schwartz, EKane).
    I suggested him to chose two forwards on my team in exchange of his MacKinnon.
    I prefer to let him chose than proposing. This way, I could rate his asking price.
    If you're in his shoes, wich 2 would you ask for?
    If you're in my shoes, would you accept?
    I know... Quality vs quantity is rarely a good deal... But if I'm on the good side of the deal...
    Thanks!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: If you're the MacKinnon owner and willing to trade him...

I own MacKinnon and know I wouldnt be able to get Ovie or Malkin. Thing is with your team I know I most likely cant use Stamkos + another guy but even if I choose the next 2 best guys (IMO) Eberle + Yakupov longterm I wouldnt accept. For me it would have to be Stamkos in the deal.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    even if I choose the next 2 best guys (IMO) Eberle + Yakupov longterm I wouldnt accept. For me it would have to be Stamkos in the deal.
    Wow, you rate MacKinnon that much higher than Eberle in points only that the difference between Yakupov and the ~108th best forward wouldn't make up the difference?

I think this is especially surprising given the (apparently) strict restrictions on free agents. A bit of the value of borderline guys is their expendability, and thus the flexibility they offer for your roster. If you're stuck hanging on to borderline guys even when they're sputtering, they are even less valuable than usual. Id value Yakupov in the 55pt area, which last year would have made him the 55th most valuable forward. Therefore trading up to a mid-level asset like Yakupov from a borderline player would be a substantive tactical improvement in one's roster, given that the occupied roster slot is likely a dependably "startable" player, and an improvement made without having to burn a free agent move.

Say MacKinnon gets 55pts in his remaining 68 games. Do you think Eberle will get less than 40pts in his remaining 67 games? Because I would think that's at least the gap you would need to say that Eberle and Yakupov would be worth less than MacKinnon.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Administrator

I would also be asking for Stamkos.

If I was offering to get MacKinnon, I'd probably pitch something like Eberle + Yakupov or Teravainen or Lucic.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

I believe MacKinnon will be a 90 pt guy for a number of years. I think Eberle is a solid 65-70 pt guy while Yak is a 50 pt volatile player (you never know what you are going to get). I know im probably being a bit of a homer since I own MacKinnon but looking at his skill set with his skating, size, skill that he will be a dominant force and can challenge for an art ross maybe one day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    I prefer to let him chose than proposing. This way, I could rate his asking price.
    !
    As to this, I recommend you read about anchoring bias.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I believe MacKinnon will be a 90 pt guy for a number of years. I think Eberle is a solid 65-70 pt guy while Yak is a 50 pt volatile player (you never know what you are going to get).
    I don't disagree with your assessment that Yakupov is volatile, or that MacKinnon is likely to get the most points of these three players. But I will point out that Yakupov also has speed, similar size, and pretty slick hands. Those criteria alone are apparently poor predictors of Art Ross-level performance, and I think that caveat applies to MacKinnon as well. This is a player who had 38pts in 64 games last year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Robbie View Post
    I don't disagree with your assessment that Yakupov is volatile, or that MacKinnon is likely to get the most points of these three players. But I will point out that Yakupov also has speed, similar size, and pretty slick hands. Those criteria alone are apparently poor predictors of Art Ross-level performance, and I think that caveat applies to MacKinnon as well. This is a player who had 38pts in 64 games last year.
    The big difference between Yakupov and MacKinnon is the player smarts. Yakupov just doesn't think the game very well. He does everything flashy and works harder than anyone Ive seen lately but to me thats the one thing that will set them apart from here and for the rest of their career