Thread: Pavelski & Draisaitl for Johansen or Panarin & O'Reilly

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Pavelski & Draisaitl for Johansen or Panarin & O'Reilly

Hey fellas,

I've just received an offer of Little Joe and The Big German for Johansen and his brand new Tortorella doghouse.

I'm mildly interested, but not wowed. I love Pavelski's consistency and Draisaitl has some serious potential - maybe even more on the wing? But few players couple Johansen's age, size and skillset. What're your thoughts?

Additionally, another owner has approached with discussions around O'Reilly + Panarin for Johansen and what would likely be my drop player - Anders Lee.

It hasn't been formally proposed, but pairing Panarin with Kane could be fun for my squad, even though I know its unlikely he maintains his pace - probably more of a 65 point player if it all falls right this year. O'Reilly has looked very strong for Buffalo, but i've never been sold on his top-end. What're your thoughts on this potential move?

I know its a bad time to even dangle Johansen as his value has dipped, but I have to entertain discussions, and I love to bounce them off this crowd to get a gauge of where they fall on the spectrum

Rep Rep. Thanks.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Pavelski & Draisaitl for Johansen or Panarin & O'Reilly

Hey man,

Id be all over Pavs and Draisaitl for Johansen. I don't like what I hear about the shape he is in. I do agree he is a really nice asset to own. I find Little Joe gets undervalued a touch. I don't see much of a production drop between him and RJ, could be a + for Pavelski TBH. Id pull the trigger on offer A.
    Yahoo keeper (10) 10 TEAMS Standard Scoring
    G(5) A(3) Pims(.25) Shots(.1) Blocks(.1) GWG(3) SHG(3) PPG(1) +-(1) W(10) L(-5) GA(-1) Saves(.2) SO(10)
    3 C 3 RW 3 LW 6 D 2 G 5 Bench 2 IR 1 IR+

C: Thornton Datsyuk (LW) Eakin Nylander (RW)
    LW: Gaudraue Pacioretty Galchenyuk (LW) Burakovsky
    RW: Stone Williams Kucherov Jagr
    D: Subban Muzzin E. Ekman-Larsson Vatanen Paryako J. Schultz
    G: Elliot Luongo F.Anderson C.Johnson
    IR: Schneider Seguin (C)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Pavelski & Draisaitl for Johansen or Panarin & O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Dape02 View Post
    Hey man,

Id be all over Pavs and Draisaitl for Johansen. I don't like what I hear about the shape he is in. I do agree he is a really nice asset to own. I find Little Joe gets undervalued a touch. I don't see much of a production drop between him and RJ, could be a + for Pavelski TBH. Id pull the trigger on offer A.
    You're totally right that Pavelski gets underrated. I had him last year for a good chunk of time and he performed great for me. Ended up dealing him in the offseason and now I wouldn't mind having that consistent production back. That said, I'm a little concerned with his age.. 31 is still fine but in two years where will his production be..especially compared to Johansen? Draisaitl is a wildcard, tons of skill but he'll need to find a home somewhere in the crowded top-six that Edmonton has but i'd be banking on him being a legit producer in the future. Not too much of a stretch, but Johansen has proved a lot at his young age.

Like many of you, I love to win my trades outright.. not sure this is one of those deals.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.