Thread: Mackinnon - Eichel trade

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Mackinnon - Eichel trade

Straight up in a league where you keep everyone. Standard Categories with hits and blocks.

Which side would you take?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Mackinnon - Eichel trade

If you are trying to win this year I'd take MacKinnon but I think Eichel has more long term potential

Dobber Sports Genius

Eichel. MacK might out-point him this year, but I think the upside with Eichel is so high that I'd just take Eichel and deal with a potentially up and down first season. He's that good.

Dobber Sports Expert

This is a coin flip for me, it could go either way, so give me the guy who played more NHL games and already went trough his sophomore slump.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    This is a coin flip for me, it could go either way, so give me the guy who played more NHL games and already went trough his sophomore slump.
    I agree with this. Mackinnon already has 2 seasons under his belt and has found another level. Sure he had a brutal sophomore slump but one of the best seasons in NHL history for an 18 year old and was only 2 weeks shy of being eligible for the next draft year.

Its definitely close but based on his play this year he's looking like a lock for 80-90 points and just turned 20.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jonsealey View Post
    I agree with this. Mackinnon already has 2 seasons under his belt and has found another level. Sure he had a brutal sophomore slump but one of the best seasons in NHL history for an 18 year old and was only 2 weeks shy of being eligible for the next draft year.

Its definitely close but based on his play this year he's looking like a lock for 80-90 points and just turned 20.
    I definitely with you two. Eichel and MacKinnon have a similar upside, but one's got 2 year ahead in his development but only 13 month older.

MacKinnon for me.

Thing is, Eichel is so hyped right now. If I owned Eichel, I would ask for MacKinnon+ .
    twitter: @hugotwigg