Thread: Trade Help! Varlamov and Dumba for Kuznetsov and Lee

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade Help! Varlamov and Dumba for Kuznetsov and Lee

League details in signature.

I am in desperate need for a number 1 goaltender right now. I have Kuznetsov and Lee (who are really hot right now) and another owner has offered me this trade for Varlamov (who's slumping right now) and Dumba.

My hope is to capitalize on players who are on streaks, trying to buy low on a #1 goalie (who are at a premium in my league) while selling on second line players who are performing better than expected.

Is this too much to give up right now? I'm worried that if I reject it I may never get an opportunity to get a young #1 goaltender again to follow the mold of my young team.
    9 Team, Pts only, 50 man, $110 mill salary, keep all - G, A, +/-, PIM, HITS, BLK, PPP, GHHT. GA, WINS, LOSS, SV, SO

F - E. Malkin, T. Hall, J. Tavares, C. McDavid, J. Eichel, N. MacKinnon, E. Kane, B. Schenn, L. Draisaitl, D. Larkin, T. Bertuzzi, N. Kadri, JG. Pageau, J. Virtanen, N. Hischier, B. Rust, Z. Hyman, W. Nylander, N. Patrick

D - A. Pietrangelo, T. Barrie, T. Krug, T. DeAngelo, Mo. Riley, K. Shattenkirk, S. Theodore, B. Burns, J. Muzzin

G - F. Andersen, A. Vasilevskiy, MA. Fleury, S. Bobrovsky

Farm - C. Caufield, D. Cozens, N. Gusev, A. Kaliyev, J. Kyrou, C. Mittlestadt, O. Wahlstrom, E. Brannstrom, F. Horonek, R. Sandin, I. Samsonov, J. Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Trade Help! Varlamov and Dumba for Kuznetsov and Lee

THat's a steep price to pay for an oft injured and currently underperforming #1 who's being shown up mightily by back up Berra. Do I think Berra takes over? no... but the potential of Lee alone for Varly kinda gives me a bad taste in my mouth let along Kuzy. I'd try and keep Lee and add try to add a less valuable piece than lee to Kuzy for Varly and whoever else comes back (Dumba).

just my take.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Your league is fairly shallow, and it's pretty hard for either Kuz or Lee to make it onto your active 10; especially with your insane IR/farm players. You won't even feel the loss of those two with Eichel, Drouin, and Huberdeau.

You need both D and G more and I think the value you're getting back is good here, even though you're league only really needs 16 goalies (which kinda makes Varly a fringe #2).

That said, if I were you I'd be trying pretty hard to get a better goalie. Dubnyk and Bob are struggling right now and are worth looking into. So is F. Andersen. I'd bet that your young F talent could get you someone better. There are always opportunities for trades
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Genius

I think it's a little much for Varly