Thread: Yandel for Voracek

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Yandel for Voracek

I know Voracek has started slow, but no such thing as buying low in my league. Gm's are tops....
    I give Yandel and get Voracek. Is it worth it?
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Yandel for Voracek

I definitely think it's worth it. I'm not a huge fan of Yandle this year and I love Vorachek.

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's robbery. Try it.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That's robbery. Try it.
    Ya. Vorachek has 80 point potential while I don't even think Yandle will break 50 this year

Dobber Sports Deity

In a salary cap league, this isn't as easy as simply looking at their offensive numbers. You have to take salary into consideration here and Voracek is coming with a big price tag starting next year. My assumption is that this is the reason the other GM is even considering shopping Voracek; he already knows he can't afford him next year. As you say, the GMs in your league are smart.

This being said, Yandle is a UFA at the end of this year and is going to command big bucks as well. Looking at your sig, you better be prepared for that coming, along with Byfugliens new deal which is right around the corner as well.

If you can afford to make this deal, I'd do it but that really comes down to you knowing your salary cap situation of your roster. I am not going to spend time figuring that out for you. You know this information better than we do and should really play strong into your decision in making this type of deal.

Cap management is key to winning leagues like yours. You have to look one, sometimes two years ahead and plan on things to happen in advance. To quote Kenny Rogers, you need to know when to hold them, and when to fold them. The other GM knows it's time to move Voracek. Look at your cap situation and make your determination on that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

VORACEK AINEC - dont know why someone would do that
    Yahoo 12 Team Roto - 3 Keepers
    Categories: (Goals, Assists, +-, PP Points) & (Save%, GAA, Wins)

C - Tavares, Monahan, T.Johnson, Duchene
    LW - Marleau, Nyquist, Benn
    RW - Tarasenko, Voracek, Stone, Hossa
    D - Shattenkirk, OEL, Keith, Barrie, Parayko
    G - Crawford, Rask, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a salary cap league, this isn't as easy as simply looking at their offensive numbers. You have to take salary into consideration here and Voracek is coming with a big price tag starting next year. My assumption is that this is the reason the other GM is even considering shopping Voracek; he already knows he can't afford him next year. As you say, the GMs in your league are smart.

This being said, Yandle is a UFA at the end of this year and is going to command big bucks as well. Looking at your sig, you better be prepared for that coming, along with Byfugliens new deal which is right around the corner as well.

If you can afford to make this deal, I'd do it but that really comes down to you knowing your salary cap situation of your roster. I am not going to spend time figuring that out for you. You know this information better than we do and should really play strong into your decision in making this type of deal.

Cap management is key to winning leagues like yours. You have to look one, sometimes two years ahead and plan on things to happen in advance. To quote Kenny Rogers, you need to know when to hold them, and when to fold them. The other GM knows it's time to move Voracek. Look at your cap situation and make your determination on that.
    Whenever I hear that quote, I think of the Geico commercial

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can't see it happening but if you can nab Vora for The Handle... It's a move you should make