Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

The Great One

Default Re: Don't sleep on Mark Stone. He will score 70 points at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lol. Come on man. You can't say "I'm not calling it a trend", and then use those disconnected data points as the basis for your argument. If you're saying that Stone is most likely to preform similarly to those other players because of common traits (in this case, age) then you're saying it is a trend and he will follow that trend. You're using disconnected data outliers to predict the future performance of another disconnected data point. You're attempting to use a pattern to predict a continuation of a pattern, except there isn't enough established data for there to actually be a pattern.

I'm totally open to the idea that Stone isn't a 70 point player. I'm not a Sens homer. God nobody would accuse me of that. But if you want to make a valid, respectable, and convincing argument, use Stone's personal metrics. Shot rate, shooting percentage, etc. Or delve deeper and talk about his playmaking ability, quality of linemates, PP propensity, opportunity or lack there of, "talent" of his shot, his hands/speed/hockey IQ. If you want to just keep citing disconnected data points, that's not a good argument. It's weak and mainly baseless.
    Newsflash - I did delve deeper when I covered him in a cage match over the summer. You should check it out.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Hercules

this is one of the biggest pissing contests i've ever seen. can we just shake the dicks and call the pissing match over?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'm willing to wager on this! Want to? $20?
    wow, congrats on the $$

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    this is one of the biggest pissing contests i've ever seen. can we just shake the dicks and call the pissing match over?
    Who needs to shake who's dick?

I do think Stone has the smarts, opportunity and skills to realistically hit 70 points. The only reason I would bet against it is spite over writing him off years ago for the reports of his skating and the fact that he is on the team of one of my biggest fantasy hockey rivals Those though are not good reasons to bet against him.

I will admit that I'm not always on Big Ev's side when it comes to Ottawa stuff but I'm on your side with this one, and as much as history gives us players to compare talent against Rizzee don't you think we should be able to agree that there will be someone at some point who will add a new variable to the records? Right? Now I do agree that the comparable players don't give a strong recommendation but the list is small and someone is bound to break the mould. Stone looks to me to be as strong of a candidate as any.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Banned

Good debates folks. I feel like I need to start a turris thread too

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I agree. This was actually a fun thread to follow. Some interesting points. So far that top line of Turris, Stone and Hoffman have looked fantastic. If they keep it up, I think all three could be in for a big year. I don't know if 70 will happen for any of them but I can see mid to high 60s for them all at this rate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

When will they give Hoffman the PP time and take off Michalek?? Cmon!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would probably take the under on 70, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hit it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I seem to recall that TequilaMonster started one awhile back that you could just bump.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I would probably take the under on 70, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he hit it.
    Yeah, this is pretty much where I'm at. He was awesome for me last year. I'd have made it a point to redraft him if I wasn't already so fat at RW.

RETIRED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    When will they give Hoffman the PP time and take off Michalek?? Cmon!
    Michalek is used in front of the net for screens and garbage goals. He just scored on the PP last night.

Hoffman will have to take Bobby ryans spot which is possible because he hasn't looked good, but he is a slow starter.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I personally think Ryan is done. He hasn't looked like his Anaheim self in years. Probably going to settle into a 50 point scorer.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I called Stone as a 70 point player early last year. Now I believe that unless scoring stays down league-wide, 70 will be about where his floor is. He will be a perennial star, and he is already Ottawa's best forward.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

The Great One

You'll get no argument from me about Turris exploding. In my fearless forecasts I said either him or Monahan would finish among the top 5 scoring centers for the season, and I backed it up by selecting him among my top 10 scorers for the league in the Expert prediction article from Wednesday when no one else had him there. Maybe I'll get him correct like I did in picking Henrik Sedin last season when no one else did.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    In my fearless forecasts I said either him or Monahan would finish among the top 5 scoring centers for the season
    That's the fearless forecast I voted for on the poll here in the forums and I got him on my team for another season. I am PUMPED!
    FANTASY LEAGUE: "Hockey Night on Hoth" (est. 2012)
    TEAM NAME: "The Barrelriders"

FORMAT: H2H Keeper League (Keep 4 - no more than two per position)
    TEAM FORMAT: 12 Teams, 17 Players per Team (3C, 4W, 3D, 2G, 5Util)
    STAT CATS: G, A, P, PPP, FW, Shots, Hits, Blocks | Wins, SVS, GAA, SV%

MY TEAM:

C | N. Mackinnon,
    W | J. Benn, J. Pavelski
    D |
    G | A. Vasilevskiy