Thread: Brouwer and Elliot for R. Strome +

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brouwer and Elliot for R. Strome +

For the cap league below in sig...Complete trade would be:

Brouwer (with about 1.5M retained salary) + Elliot for R. Strome + De Haan + pick (projected to be 30-40 overall)

I know this seems like a no brainer, but bear in mind that there is NO WAIVER WIRE in this league, meaning that the only way to acquire player is to trade or draft them. During the draft, there is a single round of regular players not owned.

Making this trade would mean that I am not a contender this year (only one active goalie), but would have at least a nice piece for the long run. I would also be hard-pressed not to draft a goalie with my only Free Agent pick next year.

Bear in mind that roster depth is really thin in this league given that there is no waiver wire and that we simply drafted a team in the inaugural draft this year.

Thoughts?
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso

I...am your father.

Default Re: Brouwer and Elliot for R. Strome +

You're handcuffed. You have a lot of baggage. Are you an active trader? I would be. If it were me I'd do this deal, and then I'd push hard to acquire a REAL goalie, even if I have to pay Pietrangelo to get him. Pietrangelo and DeAngelo for Talbot, for example.

Why do you own Ott, Reaves, Brodziak, Paajarvi and Caron? And Butler, Benoit, Harrold? I'd rather have anyone then those bums. If you ended your draft with them still on your team, then you needed to get more draft picks! Every draft I always make sure each and every dropsy has been replaced.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Brouwer and Elliot for R. Strome +

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    You're handcuffed. You have a lot of baggage. Are you an active trader? I would be. If it were me I'd do this deal, and then I'd push hard to acquire a REAL goalie, even if I have to pay Pietrangelo to get him. Pietrangelo and DeAngelo for Talbot, for example.

Why do you own Ott, Reaves, Brodziak, Paajarvi and Caron? And Butler, Benoit, Harrold? I'd rather have anyone then those bums. If you ended your draft with them still on your team, then you needed to get more draft picks! Every draft I always make sure each and every dropsy has been replaced.
    That’s a good point about trades. Talbot has not been drafted (as well as some other starting goalies), which makes me think that I could grab one of them with my FA pick next year.

To answer your second point: This is the first year of a dynasty cap league. The initial draft consisted of picking a team and getting all players under contract from that team. The draft each year (including this one) is a 5 round prospect draft and a single round of Free Agents. I did not have enough prospect picks to fill my roster… Would you suggest dropping them to finish last this season? Because lack of depth will certainly bring me to the bottom.

Thanks for the input!
    16 team, dynasty cap league (real salary), Points ONLY (W=2+SO=3)
    Count best 12 F, 6 D, 2 G || 19-20 Cap = 94M

F: Point, Matthews, DeBrincat, Kessel, Malkin, Meier, Gourde, Hinostroza, Toffoli, Batherson, Jankowski, Prokhorkin, Nick Ritchie, Maroon, Thompson, Kravtsov, Sikura, Lunderstrom
    D: Letang, Krug, Gostisbehere, DeAngelo, Manson, Persson, Djoos
    G: Bobrovsky, Fleury, Merzlikins, Subban, Gustavsson, Sandstrom, Gillies, Husso