Thread: Quick advice on trading 4th overall

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Quick advice on trading 4th overall

The offer is my 4th pick (Marner) for Namestnikov (or Wennberg if I want) and 19th pick. I put the bug in his ear and he immediately sent an offer, so I'm thinking he wins it clearly.

The draft contains all of the 2015 entry, and some left overs from last year like Fabbri, Larkin, Fiala, De Angelo, Hellebuyck, Vas. As well as all the throw backs you'd expect in a keep 280. Some OK goalies which I desperately need.
    Thing is that I can wait I for MM but next year we are going to a drop 10 system (26 keepers) making it harder to hold guys that are not in the NHL.
    For the league (and my team) below, should I do it?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Quick advice on trading 4th overall

If you can wait on MM, then I would do that. He will eventually get lots of opportunity in Leafland, and will be the best of the names you mentioned.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Quick advice on trading 4th overall

Yeah, I walked the dog and thought about it. Not a great deal. Maybe if I offer to swap pick in the first two rounds it will make more sense. Namestnikov, 9th, 19th for 4th, 14th.