Thread: Blackmon denied reinstatement to NFL

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Blackmon denied reinstatement to NFL

What a waste of talent. Sounds like his NFL days were short lived and over.

https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/597143880417419264
    Confirmed via @APMarkLong that Justin Blackmon DID apply for reinstatement and was denied.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Default Re: Blackmon denied reinstatement to NFL

Well in October of this yr, the Jags head coach said he had voluntarily checked into a 90-day program and he had completed half of the commitment at the time. So he’s at least turning his life around.

But 2 DUIs, 2 drug suspensions, and a traffic stop and finding weed while he was suspended is bad. Wasted talent so far, but I have more faith in him returning to action than Gordon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

No pay since 2012 tho. And i bet he wasn't saving it. if he sobers up and learns his lessons i hope he turns into a voice for athletes going into the NFL on what not to do. He could turn some kids heads on straight and show them that they miss out on millions of dollars if they make dumb decisions.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Sage

CFL

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    CFL
    As long as he's banned from the NFL, the CFL won't grant him enterance either. Mutual agreement, also known as the Ricky Williams rule.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Brady cheated too, why isn't he banned?? HaHaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As long as he's banned from the NFL, the CFL won't grant him enterance either. Mutual agreement, also known as the Ricky Williams rule.
    I would hope that denying reinstatement is different that honouring a suspension/ban. I mean, if the guy can earn a job in the CFL and abide by their rules, I'm not sure that he shouldn't get another shot. Does the NFL make other rules for the CFL? Sheesh, have some balls Canada (see what I did there!?).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Brady cheated too, why isn't he banned?? HaHaHa..
    No, no, no, they couldn't PROVE that Brady cheated, but they suspended him because he either lied or wasn't as forthcoming (cell phone texts) as he was supposed to. I'm sure the 4 game suspension will be reduced (2 games?), but still seems harsh for lack of evidence. The guy shouldn't be compelled to implicate himself. Not a fan of the NFL Commish and the way they do business.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I would hope that denying reinstatement is different that honouring a suspension/ban. I mean, if the guy can earn a job in the CFL and abide by their rules, I'm not sure that he shouldn't get another shot. Does the NFL make other rules for the CFL? Sheesh, have some balls Canada (see what I did there!?).
    Williams actually has 2 rules named after him in 2 different leagues:

Ricky Williams is best known for his “recreational activities” and his hair, whch in 2003 caused the NFL to clarify a rule that declared a player’s hair as an extension of his uniform and that it's legal for players to grab on to it when attempting to tackle a ballcarrier. The most memorable hair tackle came not against Williams but when Larry Johnson pulled down Troy Polamalu. Johnson added a little extra when he also pulled him up by his hair and was fined for his actions.

In 2006, Williams' "recreational activities" caused him to be suspended for a season as he violated the league’s substance abuse policy multiple times. The Miami Dolphins allowed him to play in the Canadian Football League during his suspension, which led to another rule change in his honor. After the CFL was heavily critized for allowing someone serving a ban in another league to play, commissioner Tom Wright introduced a rule that would prevent a player suspended by the NFL to play in the CFL.

So until Blackmon is “expelled” from the league, he can’t play in the CFL.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Williams actually has 2 rules named after him in 2 different leagues:

Ricky Williams is best known for his “recreational activities” and his hair, whch in 2003 caused the NFL to clarify a rule that declared a player’s hair as an extension of his uniform and that it's legal for players to grab on to it when attempting to tackle a ballcarrier. The most memorable hair tackle came not against Williams but when Larry Johnson pulled down Troy Polamalu. Johnson added a little extra when he also pulled him up by his hair and was fined for his actions.

In 2006, Williams' "recreational activities" caused him to be suspended for a season as he violated the league’s substance abuse policy multiple times. The Miami Dolphins allowed him to play in the Canadian Football League during his suspension, which led to another rule change in his honor. After the CFL was heavily critized for allowing someone serving a ban in another league to play, commissioner Tom Wright introduced a rule that would prevent a player suspended by the NFL to play in the CFL.

So until Blackmon is “expelled” from the league, he can’t play in the CFL.
    First of all, I LOVE that hair is a part of the uniform rule, simply awesome!! I would love to see a couple of hair tackles every year!

So, if I understand Blackmon's situation correctly, the NFL is complicit in preventing him from earning a living by playing in another league!? Doesn't that sound like a lawsuit of some kind in the making? I get that the NFL can ban/suspend whomever they like, but it seems kinda dirty to keep him from finding work in another league. The CFL should look at these on a case by case basis. Ricky Williams, I get - he needed to serve his time, but he came back after his long suspension and was able to play. A lifetime ban is a different issue altogether in my opinion.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    First of all, I LOVE that hair is a part of the uniform rule, simply awesome!! I would love to see a couple of hair tackles every year!

So, if I understand Blackmon's situation correctly, the NFL is complicit in preventing him from earning a living by playing in another league!? Doesn't that sound like a lawsuit of some kind in the making? I get that the NFL can ban/suspend whomever they like, but it seems kinda dirty to keep him from finding work in another league. The CFL should look at these on a case by case basis. Ricky Williams, I get - he needed to serve his time, but he came back after his long suspension and was able to play. A lifetime ban is a different issue altogether in my opinion.
    He can go play arena football. CFL just got so much flack for allowing someone who was suspended from the NFL to play in the CFL. Fans saw it as cash grab by the league/team to bring in a “star”. He also was the highest paid RB in the league with $240K and fans saw that as taking money away from a player who deserved it more. This is just CFL saying, “ahhh we don’t want you if you have an issue in the NFL. Not because we do what the NFL says, but more because we don’t want to anger the fans”.

Also I see the CFL as like the prep-boys team really. Not because they’re rich, but more because they aren’t thugs. They rarely have any legal issues, and may not want to taint that image.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G: