Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Karlsson for Norris if Sens make playoffs

I...am your father.

Default Re: Karlsson for Norris if Sens make playoffs

As a member of the PHWA I'm voting on the NHL awards this year. Are you suggesting that I should consider him?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    As a member of the PHWA I'm voting on the NHL awards this year. Are you suggesting that I should consider him?
    you are a fantasy writer, so...

Dobber Sports Ace

OEL the best according to the analytics.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ytics-suggest/

So. What do we think about the advance stats anyway? Rowe bring them up when they support our argument, suppress them when they don't show our opinion in a favourable myth? What's the story?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    OEL the best according to the analytics.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ytics-suggest/

So. What do we think about the advance stats anyway? Rowe bring them up when they support our argument, suppress them when they don't show our opinion in a favourable myth? What's the story?

Interesting. I'm not surprised that OEL is at the top of the list. He is so clearly the most important player for the 'Yotes. It is one thing for a dman to lead his team in points (Karlsson also does that), but to lead the team in goals scored in an extremely rare feat. I've said it before, but if Arizona had even a few forwards who could put up points, OEL would easily be among the top 5 point-getters for his position. Sadly, as much as he deserves to win a Norris at some point, he may not do so for a long time, if ever, because his team is so bad.

Subban deserves consideration for sure. I actually didn't know that the analytics would support him so heavily. That is nice to see, actually, because when you watch him play (like OEL), he is clearly such a dominate player and such an important factor for his team's success, based on the eye-test, so it is nice to see that the numbers support that.

I keep going back and forth on who the nominees should be. I still think Karlsson deserves the award, but I'd have no trouble with Subban getting a nomination at the expense of Doughty, Weber, or Josi.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98