Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Monahan or Bjugstad?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Monahan or Bjugstad?

Glad I kept Monahan....like what I see from him lately....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Giant

I've got bjugstad so I'm voting that way. Also full stats so I think that helps his cause.
    I just wanted to post that I really enjoyed the cage match. rep top ya.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    I've got bjugstad so I'm voting that way. Also full stats so I think that helps his cause.
    I just wanted to post that I really enjoyed the cage match. rep top ya.
    Thanks - glad you enjoyed it. As excited as folks who own Monahan should be (and if you read the cage match you know I think you have reason to be incredibly excited), those - like you - who have Bjugstad in a multi-cat should be very happy as well since he's in the top 30 for SOG and top 50 for hits at only age 22.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I would go with Monahan, mainly because I am not sure how much Barkov bites into Bjugstad's value, long term.

I know, people are going to say "what about Bennett coming in to Calgary" but I still think Monahan holds his value there.

Definitely a close one though.
    I'm tempted to agree with you on Monahan over Bjugstad based on their respective teammates. Bjugstad is looking like he's going to get the 2C spot while Barkov gets handed the 1C role. Still great fantasy value for Bjugstad no doubt but less than if he was being give top line time. Monahan is looking like he's the heir apparent to that 1C role that Calgary has looked at filling for years (since Iggy first became a Flame in fact). While the issue of Bennett coming in and pushing Monahan for the position does exist, at this point it is only potential.

Monahan already has the 1C spot, Bennett won't get a chance to make the team until next season. By that time Monahan will have two full seasons at showing he's 1C capable. Bennett might not even play in the NHL next year. The Flames aren't going to rush him and there is a big possibility that they'll send him to Adirondack instead of giving him an NHL spot. With Stajan and Colborne signed through next season and Backlund an RFA that will very likely come back, they have depth to be able to make him earn the spot and take it slowly. It's much more likely he won't be in the NHL until 2016-2017 IMO. In which case Monahan will likely have seized the 1C spot completely.

Plus Monahan and Gaudreau are looking like the NHL's next version of Toews/Kane (it's a rough comparison, let the Flames fan have it :P), and if they continue that, they sure won't be going anywhere but out on the team's top line every game.

Monahan for me, even though it's very very close right now. That's in a point's league though. In a multi-cat league I'm leaning to Bjugstad slightly
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

On fire again....the first isn't finished yet and Monahan already has 1G and 1A including a shorty....simply WOW!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

wow Flames, wow Monahan.