Thread: [Dynasty] Hutchinson vs Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Default [Dynasty] Hutchinson vs Vasilevskiy

H2H league (W, GAA, SV%, SHUTOUTS), with a salary cap. Dynasty league, with the only rule being that a player has to have played through a year of his ELC in order to be a keeper.

I currently have Hutchinson, but am now wondering about Vasilevskiy instead. I have a standing offer of a second round pick for my Hutchinson.

On one hand, Vasilevskiy is probably the better goalie, on the better team, but not going to be the starter anytime soon. He will have two more ELC (see: cheap) years left after this year. I also believe that he will need to play six more games to burn one year of his ELC, correct?

Hutchinson will play more games, but isn't as good, and isn't on as good of a team. Will he ever run with, and retain, the starting job? I don't know that I see that with Pav and his contract.

Who would you take?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Dynasty] Hutchinson vs Vasilevskiy

How many teams in your league? How good will that 2nd round pick be?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

10 teams, so it'll be around 14th overall.

I guess I'm betting a) whether vas will hit the ten game mark this year, and b) that Hutchinson won't become the top starter in Winnipeg anytime soon.

Dobber Sports Deity

Vasilevsky already has 4 games played this year so if he stays with the big club, I can see him easily hitting the 10 game mark. Since he didn't play Jr hockey in Canada, he doesnt fall under the same rules as far as burning off his ELC. He doesn't get that same 9 game decision that most teams have to face in regards to the ELC's.

I also think that Hutchinson has stolen the starting gig in Winnipeg, at least for the time being.

Right now, if you can continue to keep Vasilevsky in your minors, I would do just that and continue with Hutchinson.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

What is his ELC rule, then? Unfortunately, we don't have a minor system. He'd be a free agent pickup who'd have to stay on my active roster.

Dobber Sports Deity

They can't bury his ELC in the Jr's since he didn;t come from Jr hockey. Unless he goes back to Europe (which won't happen) he is technically on burning his first year of his ELC already.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for clearing that up. So, your suggestion is to stick with what I have? 0.575 million cap hit for the third goalie on my team is pretty awesome.

Dobber Sports Deity

Long and short of it, yes, I'd stick with what you have. You should be able to get a better return than a 2nd for someone like Hutchinson, who's putting up quality numbers.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think you are selling Hutchinson a little short here.. Watch him play and you will see that this kid has talent and a future in this league..

Winnipeg is only 8 points behind Tampa Bay right now..

Why not get both goalies on your team??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

That's good advice. I want to avoid a knee-jerk reaction based off of on bad weekend and a highly-touted (as if that means anything) back-up goalie. I'll hold.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Vasilevskiy might be the best prospect goalie in the world....him and Gibson are definitely together at the top. But as you mentioned, he's stuck behind Bishop right now and could be for several more years. Personally I think he takes the job from Bishop eventually, but even that could be another two years.

Hutchinson is likely carrying your team right now. You can't give that up for a 2nd round pick.

EDIT: Could have sworn Bishop signed a long-term deal in Tampa, but not so. Only two years. So Vas will definitely be in the mix for the starting job when that deal is over.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Vasilevski will be way more valuable than Hutchinson in the near future. I am still not a believer in Ben Bishop's ability as a goaltender. Look up his stats from January 2014 until now. They are not very good. Even this year he is below league average for save percentage but since TB is such a good hockey team, he gets a lot of wins. I think Vasilevski is the real deal and will be the starter in TB before too long.