Thread: Need a win

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Need a win

Big game this week. If I win I basically clinch a bye, which is huge.

RBs: Frank Gore, Joique Bell, Reggie Bush...need to start 2...obviously Gore and Bell?

WRs: A little trickier, need to start 2 of these 3 - Larry Fitzgerald, Kendall Wright, Doug Baldwin (I could also start Mychal Rivera in a flex spot).

It's a half PPR league, so sometimes safe is better. My current thought is obviously Gore and Bell at RB, with Wright and Fitzgerald as the WR/Flex option, leaving Baldwin and Rivera on the bench. Will Peterson be on Baldwin? He's done a great job with WRs this year.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Need a win

If Bush is healthy this week I would play him over Bell myself this week. especially being a PPR league. but that is just me.

I would expect Peterson on Baldwin this week although could find himself on Kearse from time to time. your bigger problem is Fitz is playing through a MCL sprain and I would be very scard to use him unless some better news comes out.

I would go Wright and Baldwin myself,

Dare I consider Rivera as a flex over Baldwin/Fitzgerald?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    Dare I consider Rivera as a flex over Baldwin/Fitzgerald?
    I wouldn't.

TE's are for TE and not FLEX.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't completely rule out Rivera as my flex. In my full ppr he has hit 18+ points in the past few weeks. Rookies do love a TE they can trust

Glad I held off on Rivera. Probably dropping him next week. Couple of shoddy weeks.

Now it just comes down to the WR question. Right now I have Wright and Baldwin over the banged up Fitzgerald.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    Glad I held off on Rivera. Probably dropping him next week. Couple of shoddy weeks.

Now it just comes down to the WR question. Right now I have Wright and Baldwin over the banged up Fitzgerald.
    Yeah, that is why I do not like TE's as FLEX's as their floor is much lower than other positions while their ceiling is much lower.

That being said I thought Rivera would have a solid TE game. did not expect him to do that lousy.

As far as your question, Fitz is a game time decision playing with a QB who already lowers his WR's values. I would bench him this week unless some kind of great news comes about for him. even then it would be a tough decision for me. I would just ride with with Wright and Baldwin.