Thread: dilemma re Faulkner, need 2nd (3rd, 4th) opinions

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default dilemma re Faulkner, need 2nd (3rd, 4th) opinions

I just picked up Faulk in non-keeper points league with my last remaining waiver wire pick. I can't use him as i have Karlsson/Letang as my top pair, with barrie as backup. But i wanted to keep Faulk from my top rival as he has a terrible D.
    I'm now hoping to trade Faulk to a guy lower in standings who desperately needs a d-man, all i'm asking is a waiver wire pick. Not sure what i will do with pick, best two d out there are Steveston and Edler and neither thrill me. Also, Edler, the only one of the two i like, could be taken soon by this guy.

Letang injury saturday gave me a scare, should i keep faulk as backup if/when Letang gets hurt? One of the things that had me worried is, someone said if Letang goes down they bring up Pouliot to run PP. Is that realistic, that they would trust that superstar pp to a 20-yr old QB? Paul Martin also a FA in our league, though i would only take him if Kesler went down.

Should i just keep Faulk and hope he has a career year and keep him as trade bait if he stays hot/injury insurance or trade to deal him to get waiver wire pick back?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: dilemma re Faulkner, need 2nd (3rd, 4th) opinions

If I understand correctly you don't have any WW moves left and you are thinking about trading Faulk for a move. I would probably do that. Faulk doesn't have much worth in most leagues and you already have 3 solid D. Then keep the move for later when you might need it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: dilemma re Faulkner, need 2nd (3rd, 4th) opinions

Thanks, i got him to pull the trigger so i got my WW pick back, and i won't try that stunt again, too risky. From now on i will only use it for emergencies or if i see a clear star break-out a la Lehtonen
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius