Thread: Draft Kings Chat [10.29.2014]

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Draft Kings Chat [10.29.2014]

Hey everyone,

Just thought starting a daily Draft Kings thread would be a beneficial exercise to all the members here that Dobberhockey who are now fully addicted thanks to Dobber himself.

For everyone who doesn't know, Draftkings.com requires you select a lineup based on a $50,000 salary cap (player value's adjusted daily). So whether you play DK or not, your feedback is greatly appreciated. And to all members interested, feel free to start the daily thread yourself - but lets try to put our heads together in one thread, shall we?

Tonights goalies:

1. Pekka Rinne @EDM ($8,900)
    2. Braden Holtby @WAS ($8,000)
    3. Jimmy Howard @DET ($7,600)
    4. Ben Scrivens @NSH ($7,300)

Leaning towards Scrivens here mainly because of the value, but also because Edmonton is hot right now and the potential for Nashville to struggle to score goals. Any opinions here?

Also, some picks I think are good value right now:

1. Pavel Datsyuk @WAS ($5,400) - You get the feeling he's due for a big game and that you wont get him at this value again
    2. Jesse Joensuu @WAS ($2,500) - Have liked what I've seen from him so far and at $2500, that's a lot of savings.

Any ways, those are just some quick thoughts to get a discussion going.... I hope.

Good luck everyone!

Default Re: Draft Kings Chat [10.29.2014]

We had a draft kings chat going for a little while, I am all for collaborating so long as we enter different contests lol.
    I have cashed out 4 times since Dobber told us about the Draft Kings offer, (not bragging but there is money to be made if you do it right)!

Tonight isn't a good night to enter in my opinion but for the sake of the thread and conversation I just entered a team:
    Backstrom, Ovechkin, Brouwer, Burakovsky, Johansson, Green and then 2 Edmonton players and 1 Detroit player.

I posted a couple of things in the other threads that I have found to be helpful in actually placing in contests:
    1. Enter the beginner contests until you are no longer eligible (50 entries).
    2. Stick with 3 teams max (generally works, however, there have been big winner who took the best player from each team on a heavy scheduled night).
    3. Don't enter $1 or $2 contests (Most contests are max entries per player and huge player per contest numbers) ($15 and $27 entries have the highest yield for me).
    4. 75% of my winnings have come from the "league" contests not the multipliers or other contests, the other 25% have been in H2H matchups.
    5. When a backup gets a start, although they are CHEAP, they are generally drafted by a lot of people based on their salary.

Also, the other thing I always consider is how many people I am up against - I did a $27 entry with 42 other people and won $300 but I entered that EXACT SAME team in a pool with 1,000 people and finished around 150th place. The people you are up against make a huge difference. I find that the 10-12 person leagues are really competitive with some great picks ( Maybe because people think beating 11 other guys is easy so the veterans go there lol ) but the 40-70 person leagues usually have a higher buy in.

Good luck!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

I...am your father.

Great idea for a thread. And any newcomers who join click this link so I get $$ for it

https://www.draftkings.com/gateway?s=502129754

Also click that link if you bought a fantasy guide or pack - I'll refund you and set you up with a free Midseason Guide and Playoff List. This offer runs until Oct.31 (so tomorrow is last day)

I tend to play Saturdays - my $10 has lasted four games now and I still have $7 left. So I'm hanging in there. I like the quick results (one day) and I also like the odds - for big money, a couple thousand bucks, I'm only playing against 4000 or so people. Or for small games where I win $10 or so, I'm only playing three or four people which for me should be easy
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

My team last night did not do well haha but that's alright!

For any onlookers here is how it went for my team:
    Backstrom - 1.5
    Johansson - 1
    Brouwer - 4
    Burakovsky - 3
    Ovechkin - 3.5
    Green - 2
    DeKeyser - 0
    Scrivens - 2.2
    Hall - 5

Here is how the guy in 1st in this contest finished:
    Datsyuk - 7
    Zetterberg - 5.5
    Abdelkader - 9.5
    Nyquist - 4.5
    Ovechkin - 3.5
    Ekholm - 3
    Ellis - 2.5
    Rinne - 7.2
    Johansson - 1
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Expert

They hate Europeans sadly
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by keytolife View Post
    They hate Europeans sadly
    And Quebecors too

Ah well, blame the silly laws in the different parts of the world. So many rules to 'protect' us...

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I will make an announcement here while I'm at it

Starting late Friday/early Saturday we will have a weekly Daily Fantasy column by Scott Jazdzewski to provide more tips for Saturday play

Dobber Sports Newbie

Awesome, thanks for the tips dooley. Didn't do so well myself - broke even.

Dobber, do it! And maybe if the feature's popular enough you can add in a Thursday