Hey all,
I need some strategic advice on playing goalies.

Our league has 2 starting goalie positions, with a maximum of 150 starts.

You can sub in your goalies as much as you want, but if you get 150 starts for the year.

Goalies pts are the following:
win - 2pts
shut out - 3 pts (so shut out win is 5pts)
OTL - 1 pts
shut out OTL - 4pts (3pts so + 1pt otl)

Question is: When you have 2 goalies in your lineup, would it be better to start both goalies and guarantee yourself some points, or pick the goalie that has a better chance of winning?

Eg: My goalies are: Rask, Schneider, Luongo, Lehner, Jones
1-Rask, I will always start - strong team, good odds of getting a W; will get ~55-60 starts
2-Jones, I will probably always start - strong team, will likely face weaker teams, good odds of getting a W; will get ~ 20-25starts
Others are less clear:
What do I do when Schneider, Luongo and Lehner face each other?

If I start both goalies:
Outcomes are:
2 games played: I gain a minimum of 2pts, maximum 9pts
1 win / 1 Loss = 2 pts + 0 pts = 2pts
1 win / 1 OTL = 2 pts + 1 pt = 3 pts
1 sow / 1 L = 2pts (2) + 3pts (so) + 0 pt = 5 pts
1 sow / 1 OTL = 2pts (w) + 3pts (so) + 1pt (otl) = 6pts
1 sow / 1 OTL in shoot out = 2pts (w) + 3pts (so) + 1pt (otl) + 3pts (so) = 9pts

If I start a single goalie at 2 different occasions:
Outcomes are: min: 0pts, max: 10pts

All of the above and
2 Loss = 0 pts
2 shut out = 10 pts

My thought is to pick the stronger team/goalie based on odds because if they are projected to make more than 1pt/GP for your team, than it makes sense to start just one. Eg Rask projected ~60gp, ~38w with 5 so, 22L with 5 OTL. That equates to 96pts, with is 1.6pt per GP.

If your combined goalies' pts/GP is < 1pt/GP, then start both:
eg: If Reimer (0.8pt/GP) and Neuvirth (0.7pt/GP) face each other, then it would make sense to start both and guarantee yourself 1pt/GP.

But, I need someone smarter than me to figure out this matrix and offer input on how to manage goalie starts!

thanks